Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Had A Call From Ofsted ?

suewhit

Hi I work in a pre-school and out of school attached to a school. Last week our reg.person got a letter from the big O asking would we still like to be inspected? they had previously tried to ring but hadnt caught us in lots of sunshine last week lots of visits to the park. she filled in a form and posted it on Monday with our details we are still waiting for a call. Has anyone else had this happen? what I would like to know is

do they ring back or just cold call we have never had prior notice before so it is a little unnerving

if they do call how long is it before they come

do they give you a specific day or a set month etc

we are overdue an inspection and have been preparing for a while however one of my staff has just gone into hospital today and will be off for 6 weeks we only found out 2 weeks ago a little worried about the temp arrangments any advice about the pitfalls would be welcome

sue

Last week our reg.person got a letter from the big O asking would we still like to be inspected?

Just write back and say you've self-evaluated and are outstanding, so no visit from them is necessary. :o

Seriously, I've never heard anything like this. Someone (was it melthammum?) posted at the beginning of term to say they'd had a call from Ofsted asking if they were back after the holidays yet, and sure enough they turned up a short while later.

Will be interested to see if anyone else has had strange calls or letters from Ofsted.

Maz

So what's happened to the 'no notice' inspections?

I too have heard of Ofsted informing a private day nursery that they would be visiting, this is totally new territory....have they changed the rules?

thanks Maz may just do that

I shouldn't really grumble as we have got a bit of notice it does however feel strange and till we get the call a bit in limbo

I posted this afternoon when I had a few hours off and mentioned a staff member being off. went back into work this afternoon with a message waiting saying she had not had her op and was sent home and will be readmitted at a later date. What is the chance of that if ofsted come in the next couple of weeks we will have all our experienced staff in and no temps. I am dangerously thinking that we could be on the up ! still sorry she didn't have her op though it has taken her ages to get this far.

still interested to hear from anyone else with this experience.

sue

Maybe with us all taking the kids out to the park everyday they need to check we'll be about!!

Our phonecall was at about 7pm to ask if we were open after the hols yet. Enough notice that we could smile when she walked in the door but not enough we could 'fudge' it.

we are still waiting for the call saw your other post Melthammum well done. I still have an incomplete sef however have just completed step 2 of our quality assurance having already done step 1 each so far taking a year to complete. Along with that we have just reviewed our EYFS in house audit we originally did in Aug 08 having met most of it. We have also done our authorities EYFS audit in Jan and have put in place any actions . I hope this will suffice when it comes to evaluating our practice. I hope thy understand why I have not completed our sef along with training and hands on work I seriously have not had time.

we are starting to relax and hope the call comes soon

sue

• 5 months later...
Guest jenpercy
we are still waiting for the call saw your other post Melthammum well done. I still have an incomplete sef however have just completed step 2 of our quality assurance having already done step 1 each so far taking a year to complete. Along with that we have just reviewed our EYFS in house audit we originally did in Aug 08 having met most of it. We have also done our authorities EYFS audit in Jan and have put in place any actions . I hope this will suffice when it comes to evaluating our practice. I hope thy understand why I have not completed our sef along with training and hands on work I seriously have not had time.

we are starting to relax and hope the call comes soon

sue

you can submit copies of your other paperwork by post as evidence of SEF if you wish

a group in my area apparantly got a call to say that the 'O' people HAD been due to call, but snow prevented it! They didn't say when they WOULD be coming...........................I thought this was unlikely, but in view of what you're all saying, maybe it's a change of procedure for them?

Hi, just found this forum! :o I'm a childminder and sometimes help out at the local pre-school. A couple of months back the primary school were told that they would have an inspection in a week's time and the pre-school (on the same grounds) were convinced that they would not come and inspect them at the same time.

I told them, that as they (the pre-school) were way-overdue an inspection, that it would be very likely that they would come over.

They DID!, had two extra inspectors just to check out the school and pre-school. Glad to say they did well xD