Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents As Parners

Hello,

I have just started a new job as a leader of a pre-school within a school.

Parents do not come within the setting to drop off or pick-up because it is within the school.

Apart from the obvious things like talking, I have thought up of many ideas to include parents such as:

A weekly sharing session on a rota system

A4 binder containing all info that can be placed in school reception

newsletter home

learning journeys & daily diary

I have also picked up on this fab forum the WoW wall.

What i was wondering is if there are anyother practitioners out there that face similar challenges regarding including and sharing with parents.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

:o

Hi Robbiefan

Do your parents complete some form of 'Entry Record'? If you do a forum search you will find one that Cait has made 'My Unique Child'........this then forms the first few pages of Learning Journey.....

Do you produce Individual Plans/Next steps documents that have a section for parents comments........thus enabling them to contribute to planning........

'Social' events for parents.....

Sunnyday

i set up the pc in the waiting area and run slide shows of the photos we've taken for the parents to watch when they collect children, especially of a particular outing/visit but also just general pics, can be a bit time consuming though as you only really want the pics of the children in on the session you are planning to run it.

I'm kind of facing the same problem...some parents feel we could communicate better with them but i feel we do alot already for example:

X newsletters

X all about me sheets for parents to fill in

X Parents evenings

X All plans are displayed

X Two notice boards

X Access to their childrens folders at all times etc etc

I was interested to find out about what others do to???

I'm kind of facing the same problem...some parents feel we could communicate better with them but i feel we do alot already for example:

X newsletters

X all about me sheets for parents to fill in

X Parents evenings

X All plans are displayed

X Two notice boards

X Access to their childrens folders at all times etc etc

I was interested to find out about what others do to???

Why don't you turn it around to them and send out a letter detailing the ways in which you communicate with parents and asking them for ideas of how this could be improved? :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)