Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playdoh Alternatives?

Can anyone suggest some good alternatives to playdoh? we seem to be a bit playdohed out already,but are struggling to find as good an alternative. Thanks.

Easykidsrecipies.com has a variety of different recipies, also if you Google 'playdough recipies' you'll find other websites with more.

Hope it helps

Gruffalo2 :o

I tried that home made magic sand from a recipe I got on here not long ago. It was ok, not sure if I did it right! A box of cornflour, 1 and a bit cups of water, and six or so cups of sand. mix cornflour and water first then add sand cup at a time until you can do it with your hands. The children loved it anyway!

We sometimes use bread mix made up from a packet. Its lovely and stretchy and smells good, but doesn't cut into shapes like playdough. Its good for a change though. We keep the made up dough in a sealed bag in the fridge overnight so it will last two days, but it doesn't keep longer than that.

Beehive

Yes I tried the moon sand recipe, I cant say I was that successful - it was something else for the children to experience, but it did not react like moon sand at all!!

:o ours wasnt at all like moon sand either ! i thought id made it wrong !! children still liked it though and it smelled lovely !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)