Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Autumn Stories

Hi Everybody.

Please can i pick your brains. Some of the children have brought in leaves and conkers into the setting so we have decided to create an interactive display story table about autumn etc. I have got some factual books but for the life of me I cant think of story books to link in with the theme.

Please can you ladys help with some ideas.

I am having a blonde day ........... well week really lol.

Blue

I bought 5 little pumpkins today from Waitrose. A short rhyming tale. How about The Prickly Hedgehog, I think he goes out for a walk and all these different food items stick to his prickles - don't know author - it's at pre-school at the moment.

A fabulous book for Autumn is 'The Leaf Man' by Lois Ehlert. I've done this book for the last two years and the children love it. Its a beautifully illustrated book and my favourite.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780152053048/Leaf-Man

I also like 'Ferdie and the falling leaves'

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97818...-Falling-Leaves

There is a nice Alfie and Annie Rose story, I think its Alfie and Annie Rose's Big Outdoors book or something like that. There is a story in there where they make a shop and use nuts for money. They used it at my daughter's pre-school and set up a shop outside, children loved it! Also there is another story called 'The Hedgehog Feast' about hedgehog's getting ready to hibernate - I think its out of print now, I got it on Amazon. It is lovely, but quite long, would be OK for Reception but not any younger. I love doing Autumn with the childre, have fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)