Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Boomwhackers

I went onto the NES Arnold site to buy mats for under our climbing frame. Thought I should have a look to see if anything else took my fancy. Found some boomwhackers which I have been meaning to buy for ages. But they have two types: diatonic (£15) and and chromatic (£10). I have not a musical bone in my body so I need to know what is the difference (in words of one syllable, please) so I can decide which I need to buy.

Here's a link!

Thanks in advance!

Maz

If you look at a piano keyboard there are white and black notes. The diatonic will be the white notes, probably in a scale of C as there are no black notes. The chromatic are the 5 black notes inbetween.

Go for the diatonic!

I have a set of Boomwhackers and I can't get a sound out of them! I have followed the instructions and bashed them in many different ways but only get a quiet sound. I can play a trombone but I can't master some plastic tubes!

:o

Go for the diatonic!
My friend who is a music teacher told us to get the diatonic

Order being placed as we speak - thanks ladies. Now thanks to you laura I'm singing "side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord why don't we?"...

Maz

I have a set of Boomwhackers and I can't get a sound out of them! I have followed the instructions and bashed them in many different ways but only get a quiet sound. I can play a trombone but I can't master some plastic tubes!

:o

yes - but they do make fantastic 'wasp catchers'!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)