Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hi Ho, Hi Ho....

I am looking to introduce some music to play at tidy up time, currently we ring some bells and tell the children there are 5 minutes left to play then ring the bells again and declare its time to tidy up. I would like to change this, (still using the timer) but have some music playing during the tidy up period to motivate children and clearly identify the time of change. so, any ideas as to what music would be suitable and where i can get it from!

I was thinking classical/ or animal/jungle/ocean sounds etc.... :o

I am looking to introduce some music to play at tidy up time, currently we ring some bells and tell the children there are 5 minutes left to play then ring the bells again and declare its time to tidy up. I would like to change this, (still using the timer) but have some music playing during the tidy up period to motivate children and clearly identify the time of change. so, any ideas as to what music would be suitable and where i can get it from!

I was thinking classical/ or animal/jungle/ocean sounds etc.... :o

I use a tidy up song from a CD called ECho Fred I haven't got full details here but will look it out at school tomorrow and post it then. It really motivtes the children and they happily sing along to it as they tidy up - We do sometimes have our year 7 children in to help and they have been known to go back to thier own class singing the song at the end of thier lessons.

I use a tidy up song from a CD called ECho Fred I haven't got full details here but will look it out at school tomorrow and post it then. It really motivtes the children and they happily sing along to it as they tidy up - We do sometimes have our year 7 children in to help and they have been known to go back to thier own class singing the song at the end of thier lessons.

fab! thanks for the quick reply i look forward to hearing more.

Hi Hannah - check out recent thread 'Tidy up music' quite a few ideas there.......

Sorry can't do a link (must sort this out!)...........but it was only a couple of days ago........if you just search ...this weeks topics you will find it........

Hope that helps

Sunnyday

Having used whistle while you work and Hi Ho Hi Ho, for 7 years to tidy up to, back in the summer I thought let's have a change and I we used some pop songs, to tidy up to instead. Today, a member of staff put on a c.d. and the children got on starting to tidy up - My oldest member of staff and longest standing, said "Why aren't we using the old tidy up tape anymore, the children get so hyped up with this music and it's too loud" To be honest I haven't noticed any change in the children's behaviour - tidy up time has always been a bit of a "bundle" does anyone else find that the music you choose to tidy up to has an effect upon the children's behaviour?

Hi everyone,

We have just introduced a tidy up time song in our nursery class.

We have gone for 'The Wombles' theme tune. So far it seems to be working and they have a little dance as they tidy up! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)