Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Development

What book would you recommend someone working in early years who did not originally train in early years? my background is secondary then ks2, then ks1 and now foundation. have picked up a lot from my own children and working in a Nursery but am sure there's stuff i don't know. Any good books.....nothing too high brow!!

Most f the open uni study guides were available as e books. So yeah, I've tried them - only positives I could fnd was that it was much easier to search for something you'd read

That's not a whole lot of positives. :o

I guess you wouldn't recommend them then?

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

Most f the open uni study guides were available as e books. So yeah, I've tried them - only positives I could fnd was that it was much easier to search for something you'd read

I use Athens for academic texts and research but I'm not a big fan of reading long texts on a monitor much rather have a paper copy and printing off sections soon runs up costs in ink.

Lots of companies offer free postage so worth checking out - I use The Book Depository for most of my book purchases

What's Athens?

Yea, I'm not keen on long texts on a monitor either, but let's just say childcare hasn't been very lucrative so far. :o

I just used the Book Depository. I bought 2 books worth 16.32, and had to pay 5.50 on shipping. The silly thing is I did it via Amazon, because I was buying something else, so I figured buying more would lower the total shipping cost. =-P

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

I use Athens for academic texts and research but I'm not a big fan of reading long texts on a monitor much rather have a paper copy and printing off sections soon runs up costs in ink.

Lots of companies offer free postage so worth checking out - I use The Book Depository for most of my book purchases

Featherstone S. & Bayley R. (2002) Foundations for Independence, Developing

independent learning in the Foundation Stage, Featherstone Education

definately!!

I have found various books by Tina Bruce and Penny Tassoni useful. I believe Penny Tassoni has written a book all about the EYFS. Havent seen it but I like the way she sets out her books - simple and easy to understand.

I have found various books by Tina Bruce and Penny Tassoni useful. I believe Penny Tassoni has written a book all about the EYFS. Havent seen it but I like the way she sets out her books - simple and easy to understand.

i like her fs planning book. will try and find her others. thanks carla for your suggestion. on my list now! no idea when i am going to read all of these books mind you!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)