Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Education Day

Hello

Once a year we hold a EYFS day to educate parents on what it is about. Last year we had an open day so they could come in at anytime and talk to a member of staff about it. We made up information packs and leaflets and had sure start help by doing an activity with parents. I want to do something different this year so any ideas????

thanks

:o

I'm afraid I've never done anything more than a simple open day, much the same as yourself. Sorry for being so boring! xD

A lot of people are on holiday at the moment and the forum is very quiet which is why you probably haven't had a reply. :o

I read it and I'm still thinking......

thoughts along the lines of different tables set out with different things on plus laminated cards saying what they are doing for the ELGs. You could have a table for dough, one for cutting and sticking, a sorting and matching - could be socks so they see how they are helping at home,

outdoors - still thinking ...

I think a lot depends on what your parents already know and understand. What sort of information about your curriculum do you already share with parents?

What sorts of questions have parents asked you about your provision? Are they interested in something specific? If you had something like that to go on you could have a themed day about mark making, or physical development or how you support children's creative development.

If as a body they are well informed, could you look at how important theorists underpin your work in key areas of the setting?

Its really hard to come up with something new though - how many of your families were with you last year? Would it be totally out of the question to stick with the same format? :o

Maz

Last year we had an open day where parents could come and play with children. each room had a diaplay explaining the eyfs and photos to match areas. we also made packs to give to parents and showed them the new learning journeys we made for the children. it was ok but didnt get much attendance without grabbing them when they were going in and out.

more ideas welcome please but i like the idea of having different activities out for parents to explore as we have halls we can use and would be quite educational

I can recommend it! We did a lovely handprint thing too, Mum (mostly it was just Mum) did a handprint and then child put a handprint on top. We put the words "Put your little hand in mine and there's no hill or mountain we can't climb" underneath. We did one for the child's file and made the other into a calendar for them to have at Christmas

Hello

Once a year we hold a EYFS day to educate parents on what it is about. Last year we had an open day so they could come in at anytime and talk to a member of staff about it. We made up information packs and leaflets and had sure start help by doing an activity with parents. I want to do something different this year so any ideas????

thanks

:o

hello. v interested in your idead for eyfs training day for parents. would you be kind enough to share your information book/leaflets you give your parents. would like to do a similar thing but feel i need some pointers to help me. ta!

I recently ordered a publication from the DCSF, it was aimed at parents and covered birth to five. It was a pack of leaflets and info but I cant remember exactly what. You can find it here its the fourth one down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)