Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning...again

Hi everybody

These summer hols are starting to go to quickly now and although i have done some form of work everyday still feel like there's heaps to be done before i go on my surfing holiday down in Cornwall next week WAHOOO!!!!

Last two terms i have been an NQT and i used our LEA proforma, which basically just has the 6 areas of learning where you add your activities and then on the second sheet, it has separate boxes for focussed chn, evaluation & next steps. To me it doesnt seem very detailed compared to what I am seeing on here, and with the big O looming I want to make sure I am doing it right.

I have seen so many different planning proforma's on here and all seem really very very good. But i just want to run it by you. Within our weekly planning for foundation should we be adding in Continuous provision and Enhanced provision?

I hope I have made myself clear.

Misspink xx

Hi Misspink.

I don't think there's a definitive way of doing planning - we all seem to have discovered different ways of doing things.

We have continuous provision as a fairly 'static' basic thing and it doesn't really get changed. What we do do is state what enhancements we are making to it, for different reasons. This is recorded on the weekly sheet.

Ah thankyou Cait,

Your always so well on the ball with these forum "problems". I shall stick with the same planning proforma we have been using and make a note of what is enhanced provision.

Thanks again

xx

Well I don't want you to think that my way is the right way - as I said, I'm sure that there's loads of different ways of doing things, it's a matter of finding the way that works best for you. x

Misspink my one wish when in Early Years was that everyone had to follow the 'same' planning format - thought it would make life a lot easier.... xD

truth is everyones works well for them and thier staff in whatever situation they are in - keep at it good luck xxxx :o

The short-term planning brings together planning for individual children based on assessments of their development and learning alongside the medium-term plan.

We do not plan for every child, this would be too time consuming and confuse children and adults. We use the unique children and expand their knowledge but being inclusive we expand their learning on to the rest of the children. We aim to observe all the children over a 6-8 week period.

We have a weekly planning meeting, involving the whole team. Practitioners bring their observation records to the planning meeting and we use these as a starting point for the weekly planning to identify and plan for individual children’s interests, learning and developmental needs.

Observations are then fed into the learning journeys as and when time allows during a session as agreed by the Manager or outside the team staffs normal working hours.

Short_term_plan_2nd_september_2009.doc

My gosh

Thanks for that Carla. It is so much more in depth than mine. It really makes me think i should change mine slightly. Its great to see examples, I can't wait till I'm as confident as you guys seem in Early Years. I guess its all experience and trial and error hey?

Thanks everyboy for all your help and support

Misspink

xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)