Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mamma Mia/abba Fundraising?

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had tried this as an event?

Thinking of showing the movie, maybe singstar ABBA karoke or disco??all at our local village pub.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

What a great idea! People will either love it and go for it wholeheartedly, or will go because they love the music but won't want to sing (that would be me!). Either way It think it would be great fun! You can put on the film's subtitles so that would help with the group singalong if people don't know all the words!

Maz

Sounds like a great idea but how would you stand with performing rights? The DVD is sold for home viewing only not sure you can charge even if its for charity.

You could ask people to perform ABBA songs and dress up as them. Saw this once and 2 blokes dressed as the women and 2 women dressed as the men and sang Gimme Gimme Gimme, with lots of dance moves; very very funny

Sounds like a fab event - good luck!!

Sounds like a great idea but how would you stand with performing rights? The DVD is sold for home viewing only not sure you can charge even if its for charity.

oohh good point! How would I find out?

oohh good point! How would I find out?

If you're holding it at a pub, they probably have a licence! Ask the landlord. But what a great point Biccy - good to have you keeping us all on the straight and narrow!

Maz

Sounds brilliant to me Marley!

I am going up to London next Monday to see it - can't wait - going with a group of girlfriends - expecting a riotous evening!!!

Sunnyday

i saw it for my 40th birthday. it is brilliant !!

about the performing licsence your village hall might have one that covers you they normally have to have one to hold disco's but I dont know if that will cover showing DVD's, as already said there's the copyright issue your personal copy of Mamma Mia is for home use only, maybe your local video shop knows how you get round that one? or your local council phone them up tell them your planning a charity event and they are normally very helpful

otherwise google it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)