Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies And Procedures

Hi all

I am about to start work on update/review of my Policies and Procedures.......

Currently these are a combination of PLA and my own work......

I have recently purchased PLA publication 'Policies and Procedures for the EYFS'.......have been looking at this and wondering why would I want to 're-invent the wheel'........

Thinking of just making the necessary adaptations - i.e. setting name, designated person(s) name etc.

Does anyone else do this... and... has that had Ofsted approval?!

Thanks

Sunnyday

Hi Sunnyday

We used the PLA policies last year we bought the book which then gives you the password to download them from their website you can then alter them easily to your setting there is also a format so that if you need to add any like a fees policy or something then you can follow their format. The only thing I will say after my recent incident with a childs father and complaint is that there was nothing in the policies to protect the staff plenty to protect children. so this needs to be taken in to consideration.

hope that is of some help

Salm

Hi Sunnyday, I'm afraid we made up all our own, we looked at others, not PSLA ones funnily enough we had belonged to PSLA for years and years but never used their products much and we left PSLA when we found they were not "on the ball" quick enough regarding the PVI funding issues a couple of years ago.

But I digress, I looked at a lot of examples and from there we made up our own to suit out particular circumstances and views. We went through them all over last summer and amended and up-dated them ready for the start of EYFS in September. We are happy with them Ofsted can say what they like, they don't work here!!!

Thanks for your replies.....must master this multi-quote thingy!

Thanks Salm - have got that (the PLA publication I mean)

Panders - you are just a rebel! xD I know what you mean though ....I should really be thinking to WE like them and do they suit OUR purpose - not, as ever worrying about Ofsted's views!

Thanks Lalaloulou - I shall go with that idea then........just trying to save some time and some brain cells! :o:(

Think I shall soon be known as 'Sunnyday half a job'! Keep starting things but haven't actually got anything finished!

We too have adapted PLA policies and supplemented them where I didn't feel they addressed an issue we had anticipated or experienced. Again Ofsted haven't commented only our LA who seem to think they have the monopoly on writing comprehensive policies!

Oh and you can only be "half a job" if I can be too cos I haven't managed to finish one job yet this summer!

We also use policies based on PSLA guide - as you say no need to completely re-invent the wheel!

Like most others have tweaked them to personalise to setting.

Have also got lots of other policies on top of those in PSLA stuff which have arisen because of inspections - either by Ofsted or QA schemes.

Ofsted wanted us to have a specific policy for children with English as a Second language - anyone else got one!

Have just received the psla policies booklet - does the password to access it online come with it or seperately?

(I could be missing something in front of my eyes - quite often am)

ppp

Hi PPP

Password should also be contained in an email from PLA - at least mine is! :o

Have decided to 'go with this' - policies seem to be well considered and well written - but very, very 'wordy' - I am going to 'end up'with a pretty big 'file/booklet'.............my only other slight concern is that if you have not written the policies and procedures yourself - you need to make jolly sure that you 'know' what you are saying you do - does that make sense?

Sunnyday