Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Year On!

Hi everyone,

as i continue with my project, more questions are arising!

So two more questions to you all.....

Would you say that nearly a year on, the EYFS has only had positive outcomes on your practice or has there been disadvantages or negative issues?

And finally, what do you consider to be the main indications of a quality setting??

Thanks in advance

Nicolah :o

goodness - that second one's a doozie - how far in depth would you like us to be?

First one, after 2 years (for us) only positives, much more relaxed and informal, happier staff = happier children! Child -led has been a definite plus for us.

First one, after 2 years (for us) only positives, much more relaxed and informal, happier staff = happier children! Child -led has been a definite plus for us.

Totally agree, but the down side is still trying to encourage collegues to try new initiatives.

First question - only positive effects for me. It helped me to justify and formalise the child led approach which I was already taking and reduced the planning paperwork I felt I ought to be using.

Second question - do you mean what we see when we reflect on our own practice or indicators which someone from outside the setting might see?

Second question - do you mean what we see when we reflect on our own practice or indicators which someone from outside the setting might see?

To you they're probably one and the same, Alison. However what happens when the observer's views on what constitutes quality differ from yours?

I'm still thinking about my answers to both questions, Nichola!

Maz

To you they're probably one and the same, Alison. However what happens when the observer's views on what constitutes quality differ from yours?

I'm still thinking about my answers to both questions, Nichola!

Maz

I think it can depend on who the outside observer is - another EY practitioner, SIP, OFSTED, staff from other key stages their background and knowledge will influence their views.

I'm still considering too

Will have to think about that one a bit more. Just finished a days training on new profiles - brain has officially died. It's the first sunny day we've seen for ages and I've been inside all day! So unfair. :o

I haven't had a setting since 2007 so can't answer the first question.

My first thoughts of indicators of a quality setting would be;

Intuative, kind, caring, proactive staff.

Happy, inquisitive, confident, secure children.

Relaxed, satisfied parents.

Not necessarily in the listed order, and how they would be measured (being so subjective) is another question altogether. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)