Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Social Network Policy

belle06

Anyone having problems with this social networking?

Have had a few unsavoury incidents latetly and have given all staff copies of the policy. However I am also experiencing problems with parents so going to include something in my next newsletter.

belle06

This is just what I needed, thank you so much, facebook issues amongst staff and committee have recently come up. This is a very clear and precise document that I hope you don't mind me tailoring to our pre-school needs.

thank you again.

Debbie

Thanks for this. Very helpful. I have learned of one particular member of staff who is allowing parents to become 'friends' and then is posting things on there like 'fed up with work' and 'getting smashed tonight' (tonight being a Sunday night).

Thanks for this. Very helpful. I have learned of one particular member of staff who is allowing parents to become 'friends' and then is posting things on there like 'fed up with work' and 'getting smashed tonight' (tonight being a Sunday night).

Goodness! xD Think there is a lot to be said for my rather 'mature' team! :o

• 5 months later...

Thank you for sharing this very useful document! As the previous poster said, thank goodness for my staff team who are so sensible and mature - may it always be the same, but just in case I will squirrel this policy away.

Whilst on the subject of social networking does anyone have a suggested wording to give to parents about uploading photos taken at a school/nursery event to groups like Facebook? Of course if it's just their child it's ok, but so often other children are captured in the photo..... Your thoughts and suggestions would be very welcome!

On permission slips I just say "I/we agree not to upload photographs of [name of event] that include children other than my own to internet social networking sites without the permission of the child's parents".

And then I remind them all at the beginning that whilst they are free to take photographs (if there have been no objections), they do not have permission to upload these to facebook, or wherever.

I haven't felt the need to have a blanket policy because we don't get parents staying to sessions very often, but I can see that it would be helpful to put it in a volunteer's policy. Another thing to add to my list!

Maz

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)