Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holiday Pay

Can you wonderful people give me some advice please.

We have one person who is currently with us whilst doing her EYP qualification. She is a volunteer for 1 day, and does supply for 2 days. She had one term Sept/Dec on a fixed term contract. What do you understand her holiday entitlement to be? I am very confused and anxious to get it right!

Thanks!

Thanks Cait. I looked on there earlier and used the calculator but it didn't allow you to put in 38 weeks a year as an option!

Definitely got brain ache now :o

Thanks Cait. I looked on there earlier and used the calculator but it didn't allow you to put in 38 weeks a year as an option!

Definitely got brain ache now :o

I think that although the working year is 38 weeks, you still need to work out holiday based on 52 week year because in theory that persons entitlement would be calculated higher than it should be.(if that makes sence)

I work as a sessional creche work part time my weekly hours vary so much from one month to the next and we dont get paid when we have time off during the year, and my holiday pay gets calculated at the end of each finacial year and I recieve a Toil payment for the holiday pay.

looks like we were paid holiday pay on the full year rather than 38 weeks... must have been easier to work out

Calculation they used was

4.8 wks ( holiday pay due in a year) multiplied by the weekly pay =

this was then divided by either 12 months or 52 weeks depending on how we were paid which to give a total of holiday pay due in the year.

This was then multiplied by the number of weeks or months worked to give holiday pay due..

example weekly paid

4.8 x 50 / 52 = 4.62 ( gives holiday pay due for each week worked) and this was multiplied by weeks worked to get holiday pay due

I know holiday entitlement has increased from April but the ? was from before then.

Don't know if this helps or hinders..as she was not with you a full year it should work -

formula was given to us by an accountant..

Inge

Thank you all! Now you know why I'm so confused! We do use Payplay at PLA so hopefully they will be working it out for me but I wanted to be able to explain it to the lady concerned, LOL!

God bless Payplay and the wonderful lady there who has worked out all our holiday pay in a twinkling of an eye! AMAZING!!! We will need to tweak the payroll in september for lady I was querying as I need to deduct her study hours but otherwise, wehey - home and dry!!!! :oxD