Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Statements

hi everyone

is there any literature or books out there that will help me understand the eyfs statements .not qualified yet and really struggling just wondered if any of your settings had any information that helped students understand and give examples of the statements.

Which part of the EYFS are you thinking about? Is it Development Matters?

yes a lot of them i do understand but the more complex ones i havent got a clue my setting hasnt been much help i feel like im being a nuisance when i ask them to explain what they mean or give me examples

I've seen lots of posts where people have asked for these to be clarified so you are not alone.

Why don't you post a couple of the ones which stump you and perhaps some lovely person will come up with some ideas for you?

I'm puzzled - the statements give a brief explanation of things to look for with them, are you wanting more than that? Which ones are you 'stuck' on?

Have you got your own copy of the EYFS pack?

If not you need to get hold of one..they're free but you need to phone and order one or you can go to the website and download the relevant pages.

In the Practice Guidance book you will find examples of how to support children which helps explain what the statements mean.

I'm sorry I'm not good at links else I'd put it on.

xxxx

I am a tutor for the Diploma in Pre-school Practice and recommend for my students Penny Tassoni's Practical EYFS Handbook published by Heinemann.

I am a tutor for the Diploma in Pre-school Practice and recommend for my students Penny Tassoni's Practical EYFS Handbook published by Heinemann.

funny you should say that but ive ordered it just waiting for it to come,the course i'm doing is dpp really enjoying it just handed my second assignment in pleased with what i put so hoping for an A fingers crossed anyway thanks

I've seen lots of posts where people have asked for these to be clarified so you are not alone.

Why don't you post a couple of the ones which stump you and perhaps some lovely person will come up with some ideas for you?

some lovely person has told me to look on national strategies website which i have and that gives examples of what to look for to ensure the child has achieved that stage of development.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)