Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When Are You Classed As Qualified?

is it when....

you have completed the course?

or

when you have certificate?

Just wondered our bank staff deputy has just finished (and I mean just!) her NVQ2.

Of course my setting is in dire financial straights so cant afford agency to cover the deputy who is off on her hols :o for 2 weeks. So they have now got a lady in who has an NVQ 2 and was doing her training as a TA at th primary school.

Any thoughts on this?

Supervisor seems to think she needs certificate. Will her tutor just have said "you have passed" etc etc???

When the course work has been externely verified? My tutor gave me the nod but had to wait for verification in case they queried what she had marked. Certificate can come months after.

ppp

Well what I would do (and have done in the past) is to ask the college for written confirmation that the work has been assessed and that the candidate has passed.

Otherwise you might wait for ages for the certificate to come (and I remember one of mine coming with the wrong name on it :o ), but the College would know when the candidate has officially passed and should easily be able to confirm that in writing.

That way you could put the copy on file and be prepared to show it to Mrs O if she walks through the door any time soon!

Maz

I asked the college for a letter when we had a memeber of staff qualify it was a good job because it took over 6 months for the certificate to come through

I would agree with PPP once the course has been externally verified

Yes, get some written confirmation as the certificates can take forever. As soon as someone says, 'that's it, you have passed, well done' they are finished. Get them to sign something to that effect!