Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Week...

hali

Oh can not wait till we break up....... :ph34r:

Wait for this girls!!!!!! :ph34r:

opened our cupboard on Tuesday where we store all our stuff and found mice!!!!!! xD

Closed nursery and spent all day Wednesday cleaning and disinfecting every duplo brick, tables etc and all the rest!!!! (six hours later) :ph34r:

Church (who own hall) cant see why we wont put all our stuff back in said cupboard when we want to leave it in small room in hall. :ph34r:

The other uses (meaning ballet club) wont have this they say. :ph34r:

Mouse man came this morning to lay traps and told church that we cant put stuff back in till next Thursday :(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;):ph34r:

Soooooooooooo they are now pulling hair out saying they dont know what to do as we cannot lkeave evertthing in hall!!!!!!

Next installment tomorrow....... :o

Oh Hali!!! :oxD

I had the same experience some years ago when I worked in the pre-school, it's horrendous, isn't it! I mean the trying to convince the 'landlords' that they need to do something about it! I think it's the communal usage thing....

And as for my hysterical staff member rushing around screaming about rats.... :( Obviously not good at animal recognition!

I'm not really laughing at you, more with you, with what the Mouse Man said - sounds like a superhero!! Did he have a big grey cape and beady little eyes?

Sue :(

Hey hali

You can borrow one of my cats...for a small donation!

She's still bringing in her kill of the day!

When I got up the other day in the dark I stepped on what was left! yuk! I woke up pretty quickly after that I can tell you.

I'm afraid I'm not good with creatures of the small, furry variety. :o It's often difficult to get across to others not involved in childcare the importance of hygiene etc. isn't it. xD Bad luck Hali, hope you get it sorted soon and don't have a repeat in the near future. :D

Oh Hali :o

Did you actually see a mousey??? Maybe you saw more than one xD so was the first one 'bigger than' or 'smaller than' the second one. How long were their tails - lovely measuring and comparing opportunity :( Then the chewed up pieces of paper, ohhhh all those shapes :D

SORRY SORRY SORRY, couldnt resist that :(

To be serious its the last thing you need especially at such a busy time of year - hope the mouse man has sent them all packing and you will be back to normal sooooooooooooooooooon :D

We found evidence of mice about 3-4 years ago and since then the mouseman has come out on a regular basis to bait the boxes with poison, but we've never been told to close. We've had to disinfect etc but we try to do it when we would normally be shut or get a parent helper to ..help. Last time they made an appearance was the same week we were going to use the home corner as a hospital and they'd eaten all the bandages. :o Good luck with the little critters :D

Oh dearie me THANK YOU

I have been wandering around the forum and I am just :(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Sorry Rea, dont know why the bandages story has sent me into hysterics but it has xD Imagine if they had got into the dressing up clothes :o you could have been faced with this....

post-25-1102621556.gif

I beat 'em to it Geraldine, I took all the dressing up home ages ago to wash because of the mice, I put the bags in the garage until I had time to wash them, only big son who's job it is to put bin bags out for dust man...can you guess whats coming?

Yep, very limited dressing up availale now. :oxD

School Hamster got out once and was missing for months, left a trail of damage eventually caught with a bucket and some food.

Hali my mum had mice in her flat, they climed up the ivy on the outside wall to get in through an upstairs broken window, how do your mice get in? If you find a mouse hole stuff it with wire wool before you fill it.

We had this problem last winter, but ours moved into the kitchen - our cuboard is so cold that it is clder than the fridge.!!! Hall committee no help kept denying their presence. eventually they put the mouse traps in and yes removed the one mouse but hey they denyed any more even tough ewe had seen them.

eventually I 'borrowed' from my sister one of those sonic mouse scarers or what ever they are called, You plug them into a socket and they give off a signal or sound to keep them away. And it worked! It even kept away all the ants we have always had a problem with every summer, not one after plugging this in. we have been lucky no one had unplugged it and it is always on in the kitchen, my sister moved (to New Zealand) and forgot I had It so I have no idea of cost or where she got it from. So our problem solved -

good luck with yours, .

Inge

thanks bubblejack.. this is what we found, they arny living in our cupboard but getting under the floor..just major arguments with church committeee to rectify for us asap as we have no where to store everything at mo...... :o

A tip about 'Sonic Mouse Scarers'

Most work on 2-3 different frequencies. To be effective you should change the frequency every now and then as apparently 'pests' can get used to the frequency if they 'hear' it continually!!

Here's to a mouse free 2005!! :o