Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Off To The Doctors

Hi,

well after yet another night of no sleep and a migraine i have finally relented and booked myself a doctors appointment (our surgery has an online booking system, god send when you want to make an early appointment).

well i have an appointment at 11:20 and am going to see if they can help me with the whole no sleeping, migraines and stress im under right now.... havea feeling i may get signed off for a week, don't know how 'well' that will sit with the bosses.

Dawn

Good luck Dawn I am sure they will be able to help.

I use Migraleve Kool'n'Soothe forehead patches to help with migraines and both my sister and I swear by them. My GP gave me Diclofenac (v. strong painkiller) to take to relieve the pain and works very well. Also I find my migraines start up when I haven't drank enough water as well as stress and my GP recommends excercise and drinking lots of water to relieve too.

I hope your situation is resolved soon, but make sure you taek care of yourself too.

Best wishes,

Lxx

I hope your visit was helpful and that you can begin to build up your strength again....thinking of you Dawn, your is such familiar scenario - life certainly throws a lot at us...good luck. :o

Good idea Dawn - and you can be quite specific with your doctor so that if he does sign you off it isn't for depression but for a stress-related illness. Which is after all what you're suffering from.

Don't worry about how it will sit with the bosses - if they are putting you under intolerable pressure then this is the natural consequence. Hope your doctor is helpful and sympathetic.

Take care

Maz

hi,

Thanks all,

The doctor was brilliant, i have been prescribed something to stiop the migraines befpre they even start so hopefully that should work. she said she would sign me off with stress but that in all honesty my problem would still be there when i went back so she asked me what i wanted to do.... i have agreed too stay at work and see how it goes.... but all in all im glad i went to the doctors. :o

Dawn