Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Brain Has Broken...

Hello everyone!

I have an interview for a Nursery teacher's job TOMORROW, and my brain has broken.

I have to teach a 10 minute literacy or numeracy lesson to a group of 6-8 Nursery children... and I cannot think of a single idea. I am a Nursery teacher now, so I do these things everyday! Why can't I think of an idea!?

I think because the topic is SO broad I'm a bit lost!

Does anyone have any truly amazing literacy or numeracy ideas I could use?

I'd be so grateful!

Thank you, Sarah xxx

Have you seen the 3d shape magic post that is on here somewhere?It is fantastic - magically transforming 2d shapes into 3d shapes. The children absolutely love it If you can't find it someone clever with links might be able to link it for you.

Hi,

Loads & Loads you could do when you look at PSRN and CLL - I feel un=comfortable calling it numeracy and literacy withinin EYFS - could you not create a Puppet Show loads of CLL in there and by using EYFS where everythink links in you can even add PSRN. I expect you will be outstanding !!!!!! Good Luck :o

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for the good luck messages!

I pulled my brain back into gear and (with a little help from my fantastic nursery nurses!) I managed to cobble something together.

And it worked...

I got the job!

Hooray!

:-) xxxx