Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Always Seen This Forum As An Advice Line

HI PPP,

Just wanted to send you a virtual hug and say try to keep focussing on the children, even if they vomit and have challenging behaviour. It's the children that are so important and they seem to be forgotton so often with demands from management people and OFSTED etc.

Hope you get some sleep tonight and that things are ok tomorrow.

Take care and a big hug

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Thanks all,

Vomiting doesn't bother me and unwanted behaviour I see as a challenge. My main contribution to my setting since joining last year is my success at dealing with bad behaviour effectively and creating a calm and pleasant environment. As a result I do not have ANY children who are n****ty (that word never comes out of my mouth) and of that I am immensley proud!

I see good in all children, I allow cheekiness as it shows character

Children can missbehave from time to time afterall our little lovelies have only been alive for 2/3/4 years!!!

Sorry, I'm going off on a tangent!!!! Just shows what a dedicated practitioner I am - if only my employers saw that.

I really do appreciate all your support- it's amazing how many views my post has had.

ppp

That's the great thing about this Forum - we're here to remind each other how great we are at what we do when those who should appreciate us don't!!

Keep smiling!

Nona

Hi there

Just wanted to reiterate what has already been said. Believe in yourself, know that it is you who makes a difference to the children. Are you certain it the problem won't go away when the committee changes? In all my years working with committees have only ever had 1 really unpleasant year, which is water under the bridge now.

Keep strong and beautiful!

Do you have Childcare Development Officers in your area? If so, talk to them, they can liaise with committees and maybe able to help. In my experience committees tend to make decisions because they don't really understand the theories behind what we do.

Hi all,

Had a chat with my chair today (makes me sound like a looney!) and she agrees with everything I've said. She's arranging a committee meeting tomorrow, she's just got to convince the other committee members to resolve the situation in my favour then hopefully a happy ppp!

Will update you tomorrow.

ppp

absolute disaster - i am mentally and physically a wreck

i have little fight left in me but i will give it one last go.

if no luck, I'm leaving.

i have done everything by the book and all i ever wanted was a decently run setting.

thanks for all your support

ppp

I am so sorry that it didn't go well for you. I just don't know what to say. They are so fortunate to have someone like you who is so dedicated to the children, and prepared to spend so much time living and breathing the EY's. ((((PPP)))) Vent on here if you need to.

absolute disaster - i am mentally and physically a wreck

i have little fight left in me but i will give it one last go.

if no luck, I'm leaving.

i have done everything by the book and all i ever wanted was a decently run setting.

thanks for all your support

ppp

OK, time to send the boys in... :o

the boys?

I wish you could all come down here and support me as I have no one on my side- even my chair is listening to the 'biased' committee and not me.

I just can't understand what I've done wrong and why I am getting no support. I have made the playgroup what it is- why can't they see that???

Today will be another battle, I'm just not that strong, I'm only little

sorry to moan to you all

It would be lovely to be able to put a posse together to come to a meeting.

Have you managed to get any support from your early years advisor? What about enlisting the support of your local reception teacher? It's so hard to know what might be helpful.

I really hope you find a way to make them see sense. You obviously have a lots of emotional investment in this setting and are feeling very upset.

I'm sorry to hear today will be yet another battle. I hope you make some progress.

Keep right on moaning if it helps.

There will be a committee meeting tonight which they want me to attend to discuss this further however I have a massive fear that I will be ganged up upon. I have now involved a childcare business advisor (poor woman, she doesn't know me and I was sobbing my heart out to her on the phone this morning). I expressed my desperation to her and she is happy to attend the meeting tonight too (very good of her, in her own time!) so I feel a little more supported as she is the only person connected with this that has said 'don't leave' and she hasn't even seen what I've achieved.

I've spoken to our local reception teacher (I used to be her TA) and she says fight!

I'm slightly more upbeat- but emotionally exhausted.

I will reveal all to you as soon as I am able - you all must be very confused by this!

Thanks again

ppp

Edited by Guest

Good luck PPP. Just try to stay calm, stick to the facts and don't rise to any bait that they may lay in front of you.

I'm glad to hear that you have someone there to support you. I hope that the fact that it is an 'outsider' will work to your advantage as the committee will be under pressure to be reasonable.

Fingers crossed for you - what an awful situation to be in.

DDC

Well done for carrying on and standing up for what you believe in. Sometimes we have to do this don't we, otherwise we just leave problems behind for someone else? I'm glad to hear you have someone there with an objective view of the situation and to give you support. We'll all be thinking of you.

Hi,

I have been reading this page for sometime now.

I just want to offer my support for tonight and i hope you get to say everything you need to to make them see sense. You sound a wonderful person who clearly loves your profession.

Keep us all posted with how everything goes..

Carly

Good Luck tonight - make sure the childcare business adviser (and you, if you can!) takes notes. If you're feeling stressed, emotional and under pressure you may miss some of what is said and the notes will refresh your memory.

Let us know how you get on - we'll all be with you in spirit :o

Nona X

Thank goodness you have someone to support you in person, though you will also have the collective vibes from the Forum with you in spirit. As DDC said, the committee will have to be reasonable. Do they know this person is coming?

Will you be taking notes with you with key points, in case you forget to say something important, given the circumstances?

Best of luck, be strong. Do please let us know the outcome.

I once had a terrible time with a committee and almost gave up. Luckily I didn't and subsequent committee's were never as bad. At the time we didn't have any external support that I could call upon and felt totally isolated. It was a black period in my life which I hope never to repeat. I did manage to get through it though and feel I learnt quite a bit in the process! Stay strong and you will get through too. Take whatever support is offered and don't give up without a fight!! I took my husband along to committee meetings, as we also had children at the playgroup at the time. This helped as they were much more civil and reasonable when he was there! Luckily we also had a couple of new children start and extra mum's coming to the meetings and this also changed the way they spoke to me towards the end of their year on the committee.