Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Antidote To Early Years Childcare!

Steve

Hi all -

I'm very happy to let you know that we've started a new series of articles by Dee Hayday, a regular contributor to Early Years journals and magazines and an experienced Foundation Stage practitioner.

These are articles with a difference!. Written with an eye to the absurd side of life, and with an irreverent lighthearted tone, they are designed to be read after a stressful day.

Whether teaching in reception or in nursery, pre-school or other setting, we hope you'll feel better after reading them! It's not just you and you're not alone! :)

They come with this health warning though: If you feel early years education is so serious we shouldn't poke fun at ourselves and our jobs - Don't Read Them...

Otherwise, try this double bill out, and let us know what you think:

Christmas Concerts!

Responsibility

Brilliant! :D:D:oxD

I love the Christmas concert one :D

Many years ago I did a Nativity with 3 and 4yr olds. We had 5 wonderful shepherds (tea-towel on the head variety) there were three on one side of the stage and two on the other. The group of three had two standing and one kneeling in front. At a certain point the two groups walked across the stage, swopping places. When the group of three arrived at their 'new' side of the stage the kneeling shephere was supposed to swop with his friend and stand. He had been brilliant in rehearsals, all went without a hitch. On the day of course he had other ideas and decided he was not going to stand but kneel again. His friend was having none of it and the school hall was filled with "Stephen, STAND UP! it's my turn to kneel down" He didnt say it just once either, there was a loud exchange between the two of them and no way was Stephen going to stand up for anyone!!

Doesn't sound so funny when I write it down, suppose it's one of those 'you had to be there!' It still makes me smile some 20 years later :D

thank you, thank you, thank you.... :o

a smile and a laugh after one of those mornings...particularly as the staff say I am the kind of person who would organise the drawing and painting of the wildebeest .......

And having done many .... I too disown all xmas concerts - staff do them I just do as I am told......

Inge :D:D

Oh brilliant. I loved them, thank you :o I would definitly get the paint out while one member of staff in particular would be thinking of the health and safety aspects. I recently found a dead bird and decided the children should come and look, I let them poke it with sticks to be certain it was dead and to help them understand dead is forever. Staff member was horrified and made all children scrub their hands even though no one had touched it. :D

They are brilliant Steve!! I have spent this morning telling my little lot that Father Christmas came to see me last night and that he wants all the children to sing at our concert!! Oh the fibs we tell!!!! :o No play for us just singing-and that is hard enough!

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)