Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letters And Sounds Phase 4

Hi there

Now I have made my first post, there is no stopping me now!

Was wondering if anyone has any inspiratinal ideas for teaching phase 4, I haven't taught this before.

I have a group of 9 children and they are all quite bright and enthusiastic to learn but do not always demonstrate their phonic ability in their independent writing.

Any ideas?

XXX

Phase 4 - oh no - still working on phase 1 (pre-school I'm afraid) - hopefully someone will 'come in from the sun' soon and give you some help.

Glad to see you are 'on a roll' with the posting - keep up the good work!

Sunnyday

Hi, I taught phase 4 last year and enjoyed it. It is a consolidation of three really. I used games and flashcards from sparklebox as a starting point. The children loved doing thinks against the clock. That really helped their word recognition and spellings as they were desperate to beat each other! We also use crick phonics on the iwb to help with apply, as we have these on as continuous provision, along with education city which is fab for phase 2 and 3! Hope this helps,

Anje x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)