Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Adult Ratios For Nursery Trip?

Please could anyone tell me or point me in the direction of where I would find out how many adults I need to take 45 nursery -

3 and 4 yr old- children out to the farm?

1 to 4 seems to ring a bell, but I'm not sure why I think it's this many.

Thanks for any replies.

We are going on a trip this week and our ratio is 1:4 as well although we have better than ratio because we have lots of parent helpers. :o

samfrostie xD

Edited by samfrostie

If unsure refer to EYFS guidance which states:

For each type of outing, providers must carry out a full risk assessment, which includes an assessment of required adult:child ratios. This assessment must take account of the nature of the outing, and consider whether it is appropriate to exceed the normal ratio requirements (as set out in this document), in accordance with providers' procedures for supervision of children on outings. The assessment must be reviewed before embarking on each specific outing.

We visit the farm every summer term and always have a ratio of 1:2. Even with this ratio I still need a stiff drink on returning home to calm my nerves!!! If we visit the local park, no roads to cross and 2 minute walk, we maintain the same ratio as we have during the session.

Good luck, mrsW.x

Hi Motzart, we only ever do such outings with parents coming along, for those children whose parents cannot make it, each Key Worker looks after a child, happily though, most parents come along and we have a great day getting to know each other much better and, strangely sometimes how their children behave when parents are there, a few surprises!!!

We always use a 1:2 ratio for all our outings with one 'lead' person with no chuldren to be responsible for. However if it is a farm outing for h & s reasons I would always do a 1:1 ratio. If we culdn't get enough parents to help then I would not do the trip.