Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Got A Job!

After my observation the other week, I finally had my interview today and I got the job!!!

The interview was tough, but managed to stay calm and collected and apparently answered all the questions very well. Phew!!

I'm really pleased as I have had three years out of teaching and thought it would be really hard to get back in esp as the competition for jobs is high. I've done supply for most of the year and am so looking forward to having my own class again. I'm really looking forward to being able to decorate my own classroom and do my own displays my way once again!

I'm definitely a subscriber to the theory of there being the right school out there for you and whilst I have been very lucky, I would like to wish everyone going for interviews good luck and to keep hanging in there.

Lxx

Thank you everyone!

I will be teaching Year 1 in September and they are really keen to make a smooth transition from EYFS into Y1. Am so looking forward to it and all the possibilities with it too!

Lxx

Congrats from me too lullahs.

I changed my job last year from one that I just hated. I can still 'feel' the sense of relief that a great load had fallen off my back when I had the phone call offering me the job. So I really hope this one works out for you as well as mine has - and this job I really, really love.

Except...

today I was the interviewer, not interviewee! I had to make the phone calls afterwards, both to successful candidates (there were 2) and to those we turned down. I hate that bit because I know what I would be feeling like. And one of the people today cried. We could have appointed any of them and I am sure they would all have been great. Oh, I felt right heel especially as one of them works with us as bank staff - and she is due to be in tomorrow. :oxD:(

Ah well, I have to trust they will find something to suit them very soon, I must be cheery again and just think how happy we are about the 2 we did appoint.

Wish there was a better way than interviews. I hate being interviewed and interviewing too.

Gruffalo2