Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health And Safety

sunnyday

This week I had the dubious pleasure of meeting a Health and Safety Officer, she had come to inspect our Village Hall and as Secretary for the Management Committee I was required to show her round and answer her questions - eeeek!

This took over an hour and I could feel myself slowly losing the will to live!

Thankfully under 'action to be taken' she has recorded 'none' - but she had some ludicrous reccomendations - apparently we only have to 'consider' these - hmmm - oh that was me considering!!!

She had asked me if anyone ever "worked off ladders in the hall" - I told her no and so she questioned how the first floor windows were cleaned - I said - oh the window cleaner does that with 'a long pole thingy with attachments' (good technical reponse there don't you think!) she said.........

So potentially he could be damaging his shoulders and upper back - pl..ea..se - his career choice surely!!!

I have to download all COSH info. re. cleaning products and provide protective clothing if this is indicated - so ladies when you put a bit of bleach down your loos today - please make sure you are wearing goggles!!!

The list goes on - won't bore you with the details......

Are you impressed with the exciting life I lead?!

Sunnyday

ha ha just had to reply to tell me youv'e made me laugh, and boy did i need that today, thankyou, health and safety is becoming rediculous,( ohh not sure if thats spelt right lol,

take a deep breath, rise above it and keep smiling

Gill xx

ha ha just had to reply to tell me youv'e made me laugh, and boy did i need that today, thankyou, health and safety is becoming rediculous,( ohh not sure if thats spelt right lol,

take a deep breath, rise above it and keep smiling

Gill xx

So pleased to be bringing mirth to Lincolnshire!!!

And sorry that you are obviously not having a good day - hope that improves for you.

Sunnyday

Oh dear !

Something else for us to do and worry about !

It is getting rather silly ! :o

I now spent spend half my morning filling out daily risk assessment sheets and health and safety sheets ! Not really what I want to be doing !

Most of it is common sense but I don't suppose we possess any of that !

Just taken my basic food hygiene exam and that was really soo basic I couldn't believe the questions they were asking. I could of taken it without reading the whole book we were given !

Soon we will be walking around our settings wearing plastic overalls and goggles just in case one of the children sneeze on us or squirt some paint in our eyes, might damage our health and well being. We should never bend down to speak to a child at their level might injure our backs in some way, it could go on and on.....

Sorry its begining to grate on my nerves a bit, I am consently looking and thinking about risks everywhere I go, its begining to be ridiculous !

Motherclangerx

Did anybody see the Panorama program a few weeks ago about H&S? It was hilarious. Apparently you can't climb a ladder-not even a stepladder-unless you have been on a ladder awareness course!! So no changing those light bulbs ladies and gents unless you have paid £250 for the privilege! What was so funny was that the trainer climbed a set of ladders and banged his head on the ceiling.

We live in a crazy world!

Linda

Apparently - and it may be an urban myth - you don't need the product information if it hasn't got the red cross on the label. So thank you tesco for your environmental range of cleaning products which smell great!

A few years ago on an Infection Control course we were infornmed that there was no need to use antibac spray or soap as soap & water or washing up liquid and water (hot) worked just as well. He said the only thing that would really kill germs is neat bleach.