Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee Forum

I don't know of anything but I would be interested as my committee are quite good too actually. I know locally there was some talk a few years back of support networks for them and training too, but that was under a different regime and he has gone now. No-one at the LA seems to have rated him but that was just one of many things he did I thought was great. I will follow this thread to see if anyone else comes along with any ideas.

Hi, I'm a chair, I just emailed our early years advisor and she gave me the log in codes.

Maybe we could have a thread on here to moan about our settings (only joking :o)

Glad to hear that your committee is good.

Sue.

Hi, I'm a chair, I just emailed our early years advisor and she gave me the log in codes.

Maybe we could have a thread on here to moan about our settings (only joking :o)

Glad to hear that your committee is good.

Sue.

xD It would certainly redress the balance!

I am sure there are a great many committee members out there who are struggling to do their best and would find a membership here very useful. If you have no background in education, and it is your first foray into committees, then the task you are presented with is enormously daunting. I am sure it would be a great relief to have somewhere to go to get valid and up to date advice and information (and yes, even to have a moan at times!)

Maybe we could have a dedicated area for committee members.

Bounce ideas off each other, find out information, be familiar with their roles/responsibilities, especially for those new to committees.

Maybe we could have a dedicated area for committee members.

Bounce ideas off each other, find out information, be familiar with their roles/responsibilities, especially for those new to committees.

This is what I was thinking, but then I thought it may put some staff members off coming on here to sound off. Is this their sanctuary??? It may be that they would want to come and ask things they don't want their staff to see, although there's the option of anonymity isn't there.

Sam

I'd be happy to set up a committee forum area if it's useful! :o

I can't remember the name of a new member who posted over the last few months who was a (male) chair of a committee, and at the time I thought it would be a good idea to establish a sanctuary. Does anyone else remember the conversation?

Hi Sam -

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you needed it soon. I'll have it available by lunchtime tomorrow. While it's not strictly speaking a setting I thought I'd put it in the 'Other Setting discussions' category? :o

I'll be there! xD

Dodging the tomatoes and insults as you run through the rest of the forum? :o:( Joking aside, any committee members who are interested enough to come to an online forum such as this are worth their weight in gold. :(

Dodging the tomatoes and insults as you run through the rest of the forum? :oxD Joking aside, any committee members who are interested enough to come to an online forum such as this are worth their weight in gold. :(

I couldn't agree more! My committee are certainly worth their weight in gold!

Thanks so much Steve. I'll email my committee now - prepare for an influx!

Sam

Maybe we could have a thread on here to moan about our settings (only joking :()

As Beau says, it would redress the balance somewhat. xD I'm sure committees have their gripes - they are unqualified yet are expected to learn the ins and outs of running an early years setting and many of them do a lot of work for no money and little recognition. I wonder how many committee members would admit to finding the staff a little intimidating since we are the ones with the knowledge and the training? :o

I would certainly be interested to hear from committee members themselves about the kinds of problems they face and the sort of support they need!

Maz