Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gloop Activity

I'm going to make some gloop for the children tomorrow. Any ideas on what I should provide with it? I was thinking of putting it on a tray and providing some teaspoons and plastic toy plates or bowls for them to spoon it on to.

Does anyone do anything else with it that the children enjoy?

I have mixed ages from 11 months to 3 years.

Thanks

Ours usually just enjoy running it from hand to hand and letting it trickle over their fingers, a few teaspoons is all I generally give. A couple of drops of food colouring mix in well over time

If it is made with cornflour we don't use anything else, but if it is made with soap flakes, we have been known to put dinosaurs in it and call it swampy slime etc. and cups to pour from one to another and colanders to pour it through.

Thanks everyone - love the idea of swampy slime with dinosaurs Anderspm - will do that one next time - sounds brill.

As others have said, fingers and maybe the odd spoon is quite enough. My class who usually have the attention span of about 2 minutes will sit for upto half an hour playing in the stuff!

So yesterday Gloop, in a tray, colouring, spoons etc. But in our role play area we had large cardboard boxes for den making. Within half an hour the boxes had been decorated with coloured gloop which of course as it soaked in dried to powder. So today we had shaving foam!

Rachel

So yesterday Gloop, in a tray, colouring, spoons etc. But in our role play area we had large cardboard boxes for den making. Within half an hour the boxes had been decorated with coloured gloop which of course as it soaked in dried to powder. So today we had shaving foam!

Rachel

rachellps, so glad its not just my children who would do something like that!!! hope the shaving foam went down well, mrsW.x

Hi all

Any messy activities are always popular in our nursery as i'm sure they are in yours as well!! As alternatives to gloop and shaving foam you could also do

Sand Mousse which is reeeeally lovely, all it is is sand (obviously, lol!) warm water and baby bath in a large tray, the children can use their hands and or whisks to whip it. they more its whisked the fluffier it becomes and is a lovely sensory activity and smells fantastic, or

Clean mud which is dove soap grated and added to shredded toilet paper. add a small amount of warm water (needs to be warm enough to melt the soap) and as with the sand mousse becomes thick and creamy as the children play with it.

Word of warning though, If spilt on the floor the mud will make it slippery!!

Have fun!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)