Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Idea?

Just about to start my next assignment xD

Have just read assignment guidance, and it states,'reference appropriate texts (level 4 and 5) in a reference list'.

Ok, I know how to reference, but what on earth does it mean by level 4 and 5 :o

Any ideas please

thanks

We talked about this in college back in September.

It means what level of work it would be appropriate to quote that source in. You might quote any book or magazine article about child development in perhaps NVQ2 so that would be a level 2 quote. Once you are doing a level 4 or 5 piece of writing you need to check that the sources you quote are well qualified by checking out the author. They need to be qualified to a higher level eg in a university post. It is usually in the blurb on the back or inside the front cover. It is a bit hit and miss if you haven't heard of someone so I just go with gut feeling half the time.

Does that help you?

I would say that it should be an academic text, with strong references within it. so that might be a book or it might be a journal article in an academic journal.

lucie xx

I would say that it should be an academic text, with strong references within it. so that might be a book or it might be a journal article in an academic journal.

Absolutely - and not Nursery World! And definintely not wikipedia. :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)