Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluation Sheets

Hi everyone.

Do you all do evaluation sheets. I have been told I need to do one everyday. Also the planning for a focus.This covers the areas of learning and can give you a guide on the next steps for the children .If you do anything different please let me know

Dorinda

Do you mean an evaluation on the setting or individual children's evaluations? In our setting ( and most others I presume) the children are being evaluated and observed all the time. With regard to the setting- we make notes and changes to our planning sheets as we go along and then do an overall evaluation of the setting at the end of each week. The overall evaluation covers areas of learning as well as what needs to be covered to meet children's needs and wishes etc.

By friday our planning sheets look like a car crash, we evaluate on the planning sheet as we go along and then take stock at the end of the week and feed into monday's planning, we plan on a daily basis as you never knwo where the chidlren will go next.

Who told you you needed and additional sheet? The planning sheet is a working document subject to change (in our setting anyway)

Hi our eya said we need to do an evaluation sheet everyday.Also a focus sheet covering the childrens names and what they got out of the activity.

Is anyone doing the I Can accreditation. I am going to do it got to tackle the portfolio.really good for the setting.

Hi dorinda and welcome to the forum!

We all seem to get differing advice from our advisors.

My planning sounds a lot like wendles - especially the 'car crash' bit!

I evaluate as I go along on a separate sheet - just a box for each area - to show that we are covering all areas - actually that's not really clear or accurate - that covers enhancements only - I would argue that our continuous provision covers all areas.

I am doing far less planning than I did before EYFS - but would never dare to tell you that this is right - it has however had the 'seal of approval' from our EYAT.

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

I am with you on this one sunnyday! We have a day book Plan on the left hand page and evaluate on the right hand page!

It works really well and we can adjust and change very easily according to the needs of the children.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)