Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whale And The Snail

Hope everyone is enjoying their bank holiday weekend! I want to get myself organised for next week now so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend but my brain is not willing! my class are very into all things mini beast at the mo and I am going to introduce them to an african land snail next week (he is going to be our new class pet!!) I thought we would do a week of snaily things - finding out how to care for him etc, they love collage stuff so thought we would do Matisse snail picture, and also read "whale and the snail". That is all I can think of at the mo - any ideas of how to develop this a bit? Any ideas gratefully recieved! Thanks Ems :o

Enjoy your snail - we have one and he's great!

Are you going to give him a name - could download African names and let the children make a choice - might be an opportunity for some PRSN there.

Anyway as I said - enjoy!

Sunnyday

Have you seen Matisse's snail on the Tate website

Wow - a fantastic link, SP61HJ. Even our littlies could have a go at this with great effect I think. I feel a tissue paper explosion coming on! :o

Thank you for such great inspiration!

Maz

Thought I'd have a quick look to see if I could get a decent photo of Matisse's snail and came across this school website which shows how some children in years 3 and 4 had done some Matisse-inspired snail pictures of their own. Fab!

Maz

Have you seen Matisse's snail on the Tate website - it models how to recreate it - used it to great effect with year 2 last year - i'm sure younger children would be just as good :o

Here's the link Matisse's snail

That is a fab link thank you I am going to use that with my lot!

Ems

Enjoy your snail - we have one and he's great!

Are you going to give him a name - could download African names and let the children make a choice - might be an opportunity for some PRSN there.

Anyway as I said - enjoy!

Sunnyday

Thank you what a great idea - we will be doing just that! x

Perhaps you can develop the spiral theme with the children using movement, ribbons outside and dancing and look at these http://spiral.gallery.sytes.org/

Thank you had'nt really thought of doing lots of spiral work - see told you my brain was frazzled!! love the link have also got lots of pattern type pictures like that at school the children could develop outside with natural materials and can get them to use the digital camera - thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)