Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flu Pandemic

Just had the same problem and got the same message.

Thanks for the other ideas and documents though

Nicky Sussex

I found same but if you look to the right hand side of page there is a link to the site

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am new to this site so this is my first post.

I have recently compiled a policy for my setting and for the local pre-school regarding a "flu" pandemic.

My information was taken from a publication called "Planning for a human influenza pandemic" in Early Years Settings.

I have attached the document for you to use.

If this information has already been posted or you have completed policy, i apologise.

Thanks

Zoe :o

Shortversionofguidanceforchildcare.pdf

Hi all settings should have received information regarding the flu virus from the Department of Health and or the Education Department.

We have been regularly updated with information via e-mail. This has included information to parent/carers and relevant forms and phases.

Hope this helps

bridger

Hello,

I am new to this site so this is my first post.

I have recently compiled a policy for my setting and for the local pre-school regarding a "flu" pandemic.

My information was taken from a publication called "Planning for a human influenza pandemic" in Early Years Settings.

I have attached the document for you to use.

If this information has already been posted or you have completed policy, i apologise.

Thanks

Zoe :o

Hi Zoe, welcome to the forum. Lots of very useful information in this document thank you. Do you know if this has been updated since 2006? I will try to do a search later.

Unfortunately today our last day of term we have heard that one of our children is being treated for a suspected case of swine flu, they have given her tamiflu to combat the symptons. Advice given to Mum was that she was not to go out of her house for at least 5 days. We have now closed for the Summer so this will ensure that the spread of this virus will slow down among our pre-school children. What are Nursery's doing? As far as I know they are remaining open.

Hope every one stays well over the summer holidays and my thoughts are with those for a speedy recovery who are suffering with this horrid virus.

Debbie

Zoe31 did you notice that that document was dated 2006? Are you sure it's still a valid document?

I think Buttercup will have a job getting a copy- but I may be wrong?

Sorry - just checked and you are right this is the most up to date- That's worrying that it was written in 2006?

Did they know something?

Edited by surfer

Hi everyone,

We had news on Wednesday that one of our pre-school children was confirmed with a mild case of SF. Only attends one day a week and had not been in since 8th July. We put out a letter to parents. The following day another child was confirmed and then a member of staff. We have put up a general notice for parents and are showing this to everyone bringing in children, so that they have the choice to take them away again. Most have taken the view that it is worth the risk at this stage as they might as well get it while cases are mild and it is summer, which will hopefully give them immunity later on down the line. Others have reacted violently and disappeared in a trail of dust - mostly because they have children/family at risk, either with asthma, diabetes and so on. Lots of phone calls asking whether they should bring in children, to which we cannot give an answer. We have our Leavers Ceremony and garden party on Monday - should be 25 plus families. Somehow think the numbers will be greatly reduced, which is very sad.

We have referred parents to the NHS websites. Not sure if we will be drawing up a policy. We have been ultra vigilant on anti bac gel, spray. No more free flow snack! We are handwashing at every possible opportunity, including after coughing, sneezing, etc.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Lesley :oxD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)