Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vets Role Play... And Dinosaur Digging!

Guest kelh81

Guest kelh81

Hi,

I've just set up a Vet's role play area and wondering about a good way to introduce it to the kids- I've planned on working in there with them over the next few days but I wondered if anyone knew of a good way of introducing it genereally to the whole class so I'm not saying the same things to each group! Maybe a video clip?

Also, about a month ago I was searching for dinosaur ideas & came across some photos of someone who had excavated fossils in the sand with their class- I've searched but can't find them now! Does this ring a bell with anyone???

Thank you

K

Sounds exciting!

We have a great book about vets - can't think of the title offhand - but I know it's an 'Usborne' book - probably no help - sorry!

I have frozen dinosaurs in ice - small ones on first day and then huge ones in buckets of ice on following day - the big ones actually took two days to fully thaw - children had great fun with these and provided great opps. for 'new vocab.'!

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

We've been using these indoors and out.

Looks brilliant Marion! Where did you get the bits and pieces from? Looks like something similar to what I saw on the TTS stand yesterday...

Maz

Hello!!

Can I suggest Hairy McClary's Rumpus at the vets as an introduction or as a story to add to your theme!

It prompted lots of talk when we had a pet shop and vets!

It has all types of animals and pictures to promote talk about why animals have to go to the vets / how they get hurt etc!!

As for dinosaurs, we recently did dino bone digging......... but can't recall where we had the sets from: they were very small sets of bones but did include brushes and sieves too.

Not sure if this will be much help but on Teacher's TV there's a programme about children planning their learning (that someone on here pointed me towards!) and in that there's a section with children playing in a role play vet and zoo.

we had the Early vision DVD which was good for the vets and more.. looks like they only do it as a pack now , we bought it a while ago now..

they do lots of other resources for role play, all the DVDs we have had have been really good.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)