Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Having A Little Trouble...

HappyMaz

Heck, does it start with 'f'

....got to say in Ireland this isn't regarded as a swear word, but an acceptable substitute for the more well known 'f' word, but not knowing this I nearly choked to death when my elderly auntie-in-law used it in conversation when we were round for tea there!

....got to say in Ireland this isn't regarded as a swear word, but an acceptable substitute for the more well known 'f' word, but not knowing this I nearly choked to death when my elderly auntie-in-law used it in conversation when we were round for tea there!

This made me laugh! :o

It's true though.....I was often found spluttering into my pint at the outbursts of certain old ladies in my company!!! xD

Heard it the other day in the Bull Ring in Birmingham........"Ah fe** this Rita, it's starting to rain and me washing's on the line"!!!! :(

It's true though.....I was often found spluttering into my pint at the outbursts of certain old ladies in my company!!! :o

When my mum first landed in this country this was a word she used often, apparently. Funnily enough I never heard her use it - no doubt misunderstanding of its origin helped her to give it up because 'ladies' would certainly never use the 'f' word in polite circles... xD