Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Roll Call!

Susan

Hi I'm Mrs Blazer at present working on supply usually in CC's or day nursery whilst in my final year of BA Hons in Early Years.

I qualified as an NNEB 32 years ago, have been a manager, nursery assistant and for last 11 years Head of a Kindergarten and I agree with Inge, I too have seen everything go full circle. :o

Hi I'm Peggy, my former life before retiring Dec 07.

Parent, preschool assistant, preschool supervisor (committee run), NVQ Assessor, PLA Tutor / QA assessor, LA EY advisor, College Tutor, Owned own preschool (pack away) for 7 yrs until Dec 07, retired from EY's to become a long term foster carer for sibling group of 4 children. Also just recently I have become a parent governor for a local Primary School.

I too have seen the 'ethos' of early years go full circle in 23 yrs, only difference is that we are all so much more accountable (due to 'public money' government financial intervention), thus more burdened by beaurocracy, but at the end of the day, the children still remain the same, with the same needs, whatever the current governments 'current' initiative is. :oxD

Peggy

Hi I'm Stephenie

Owner/Manager of 52 place Pre-school

Have been in Pre-schools for 21 years when my son was at playgroup.

Agree with Peggy and other long timers things change but the children and problems stay the same.

In my 11th year of having my own group and I'm hoping to do my Business Degree just to be different.

I'm Rosey;

NQT Year 2 Class Teacher (as of last week, previously supply);

Primary School!

I'm also a Casual Playworker during the holidays, which I have been doing for 3 years. :o

Rosey x

Edited by Rosey

sue

manager of a workers co-op preschool before after and holiday club for 14 yrs

previously a childminder for 14yrs and a TA

also a community school governor

There are a few other men on here Tony, but they are very quiet. xD

:o Quiet...us...

Phil

f2 teacher/ks1 co-ord/literacy co-ord/SMT and some other stuff in a primary school

Hi I'm Nicky

Reception Teacher in a small primary school

PSHCE and Healthy Schools Team member (We don't have co-ordinators but have curriculum teams)

Been teaching 10 years mainly in Reception and KS1 but in different areas due to moving with my husbands job. :oxD

Oh and I'm really glad I found this site as it is fantastic to share thoughts, concerns and ideas with like minded people

Nicky Sussex

Siobhain

Student - almost finished NVQ level 3

Placement in pre-school 2:10 - 4:9

Still in tesco but not for much longer, hopefully!! :o

Early years teacher for 11 years, working part time in primary school

Deputy Manager part time at pack away pre-school for 2 - 5 registered for 40 children

Pre-school is my mum's which she started at home 22 years ago. We are in a hired hall now

Taining for EYP, validation starts in 3 weeks

Having been a member of this wonderful forum for a long time, there are now so many members that I am finding it difficult to keep track of who is who. We have a brilliant introduce yourself area but I thought it would be interesting to have a quick roll call so please just add your name and your setting type, to help us all identify one another!

Thanks.

Lucy

preschool owner / manager

Had a few days leave :o so I've almost forgotten what the day job is.....EYFS Consultant - mainly working in maintained settings and EYFSP manager.

Froebel trained and 25 years in schools from NQT to DHT and everything else in between!!

CX

Clanger

Was Supervisor, but now deputy of small rural committee run pre-school.

Going back to college to do my Foundation degree in Early Years in September.

Have been involved with the same setting for the last 18 years as parent, committee member and then for the last six years as a staff member.