Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Day One Fo The Holidays......

Scarlettangel

So for my 500th post I wanted to write something a bit special for you all..........

Thought I would tell you about my day!!

I woke up with aches and pains......... too much time spent on the Wii sport over the weekend!!!!!!!!!

Then I hear there's been an earthquake in Italy.

Where is my son?

Ski ing in Italy on a school trip.

Phew.............. he isn't anywhere near the quake.

Then I take my baby Rose (a cat aged 2yrs 9 months) to the vets for dental treatment.

I drop her off at 8.30 and by 3.15pm I am panic stricken about her............. due to no phone call as promised by 2pm.

Seems she has had to have 7 teeth out.

Had a bit of a rough time.

Cried on phone when they said she was jut coming round from anaesthetic

In amongst all this I am supposed to be doing an assignment for the degree..........

Not going well.

It looks like rubbish.

So I hoover frantically, and polish and clean windows and wash net curtains.

NOW................

I am off to vets to bring home my baby.

Wonder what delights tomorrow holds??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hows your day going???????? :o

Oh dear Scarlettangel - what a day you've had! It can only get better can't it - but there are positives aren't there? Your son is OK, your cat is on the road to recovery and you did some housework too! And no-one would expect you to get much assignment writing done with so much trauma going on today. Tomorrow is another day...

As for me, I've done a bit of tidying (haven't made much of a dent to be honest, but I know I've done something!). Played with youngest son on the Wii. Went into town with said youngest son, having dropped off oldest son at a friend's. Whilst in town bough oldest son some very expensive wireless headphones so we don't have to share his very loud music (and more to the point, nor do the neighbours!). Bought mother's day gifts for next year's mother's day lunch (25p for cute teddy bear keyrings saying "I love mummy" from Tesco). Collected remainder of Easter pressies for staff from the very nice gift shop who kindly ordered them in for me. Just need to find where I put those Easter cards and deliver them before Friday. Paid some money to the Inland Revenue before completing my online end of year PAY return.

Going out later to see some friends, eat Indian take away and discuss last week's ECERS training.

All in all a good day!

Maz

Bless you -what a day.

Glad your son is safe and cat coming home.

My husband has just got in and I have just said to him - "don't know where the day has gone" - truth to tell I have spent a long time on here, talked to friends on the phone, have managed a hoover round, polished and reduced my 'ironing pile from hell' - should be working on my SEF, reviewing and possibly re-writing policies, updating my operational plan - oh well - there's always tomorrow!!!

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Sunnyday

Things can only get better scarlettangel, I hope you've been and bought prawns and cream for poor Rosie (its what my hubby would have done)

I've been to work but I'm seriously wondering whether to go in the rest of the week, 9 children all morning.

Came home and spent hours looking for good restaurant in london on google, looked at sorry state of carpets but a busted vacumn got me out of that one, emptied dishwasher but its full again and MADE a cottage pie from scratch. How proud am I??

Edited by Rea

Well I spent the morning clearing and tidying the bedrooms and the bathroom only to find a 'trashed' downstairs. An obstacle course from the kitchen to the front room, which was filled with pop up tents, tunnels and dens made with my freshly washed towels and linen. The main culprits, aged 13 and 11, were firmly wedged in one of the said pop up tunnels, (yes both in one tunnel) while the 5 year old was busy throwing pokeman balls at them. What did I do? well I put the kettle on and took my coffee outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Glad to hear your son is safe and that your cat is coming home, hope you have a less stressful day tomorrow

Karrie

glad you're cat's home safe and sound.

I have loved not having to hoover my house at 8am today - my childminding routine normally consists of :o

I had a leisurely morning, a trip into town to get shoes for my daughters - dropping my 5yr old son off at friends house first, hooray (he hates town, naturally).

Was able to take up a spontaneous offer of coffee at friends - can't remember the last time I was able to do that xD

and looking forward to having the energy to do bedtime stories with enthusiasm for a change :(

Hope you have a better day tommorrow :(

Glad your son is safe and the cat on the mend......my day is smiliar to others, cleaned round a bit, tidied my sons bedroom and youngest daughter's clothes and then went to the tip with a car full of rubbish! Just cleaned up after tea, oh yeh done 3 lots of washing, fed the animals, looked after poorly husband and responded to his every whim, walked the dogs, took eldest daughter for a driving lesson and now I have the headache from hell.

Whilst doing all of the above I have been stressing about the dissertation and 2 essays that I need to work on...feels like I will never make it to the end of this degree.

Not really a 'holiday' is it?

:oxD:(

Guest MaryEMac

My first day consisted of putting on a load of washing and then getting out my homework!! Sorted the registers, got the contact numbers up to date, wrote a list for the treasurer as to what payment slips will be needed for next term.Then my 4 yr old granddaughter rang to see if she could come and play at my house.I quickly put everything away and a lovely couple of hours with her and my daughter in law. After they left, I got everything out again and did some more. Funny thing is... I didn't get to the bottom of my trolley where the SEF is lurking :o Then there is just the problem of sourcing a new all in one printer which the chairman has asked the staff to deal with as "you know what you want".Oh well there is always tomorrow.

Glad your cat is ok and your son is safe, Scarlettangel.

Mary

Hi

My first day off!!

Went to school and began the task of spring cleaning my classroom cupboard 3/4 done

came home and completed the ironing - ready for hols on Friday

Tomorrow back to school to finish cupboard meet with head for CPD 1/2 yearly review ugh... and lunch and chat with other teacher about Early Years

Home again for more getting ready and cleaning which I have promised long suffering partner that I WILL do before holiday - last real clean February half term - luckly no children or pets - just could'nt cope

hope everyone has a wonderful break and that Cat and Son return home safely

g

my first day off - consisted off a temp nannying job (4 nightmare kids arguing and screaming!!!!! with a demented dog as well 8am - 6pm - have now drowned a large glass of red - and just trying to remember if i want to go it alone have to do this till JUly - happy hols!!!!! xD:o

Thanks all.

Your days seem just as full as mine but just in different ways!!

Not sure why we call them holidays though!!

Anyway, my Rose is doing OK.

Vetinary nurse said she would be very sleepy when she got home but she hasn't been and still isn't!!!!

She has eaten and fussed around us and even put up with hissing from other 2 cats.... (the vet smell I think!)

I have given up on the writing for the day........... it will just give me something to do tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone.

PS My avatar is a picture of Rose as a kitten!!

Glad everyone is safe and well , tomorrow put your feet up in the morning and dont start anything till the afternoon. you deserve it :o

my first day off - consisted off a temp nannying job (4 nightmare kids arguing and screaming!!!!! with a demented dog as well 8am - 6pm - have now drowned a large glass of red - and just trying to remember if i want to go it alone have to do this till JUly - happy hols!!!!! :(:o

....well I know we shouldn't laugh at another's misfortunes but.... xD:(:( ! A sense of humour will see you through to July Hali, and it will be all worthwhile in the end.

Karrie

Well I spent the morning clearing and tidying the bedrooms and the bathroom only to find a 'trashed' downstairs. An obstacle course from the kitchen to the front room, which was filled with pop up tents, tunnels and dens made with my freshly washed towels and linen. The main culprits, aged 13 and 11, were firmly wedged in one of the said pop up tunnels, (yes both in one tunnel) while the 5 year old was busy throwing pokeman balls at them. What did I do? well I put the kettle on and took my coffee outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Glad to hear your son is safe and that your cat is coming home, hope you have a less stressful day tomorrow

Karrie

thank you for sharing that aliamch, you have brought tears of laughter, and you were so calm. I have a picture in my head of what your house must of looked like, don't you just love the holidays. mrswx

Hi Scarlettangel, I really hope you are having a better day today. I hope Rosie is recovering and really glad your son is ok, what a worry they are. mrsW.x

my first day off - consisted off a temp nannying job (4 nightmare kids arguing and screaming!!!!! with a demented dog as well 8am - 6pm - have now drowned a large glass of red - and just trying to remember if i want to go it alone have to do this till JUly - happy hols!!!!! xD:o

Hali - you might be feeling a bit over whelmed but just think of the joy you give me and probaly hundreds of others with your amazing snippets along the bottom of your mail - such talent - and I am now counting off the days until you see your mum in cyprus - where abouts - spent many school holiday's there as a teenager when my father was stationed in Larnica - so when your feeling low just remember how many people you have made smile

g

Rosie is covering beautifully........

The worst part is trying to disguise the antibiotic and pain killers in her food, and then get her to eat it before Lilli and Meggie get it!!!!

(For some reason, Lilli and Meggie, her big "sisters" find the prospect attractive, but Rose does not!!)

As for my son he is having a terrific time and would like to go again next year!!!!!!!!!

Me, well I got Wii fit yesterday and had a good time on there and then fell up the stairs on the way to the bathroom and bent one of my typing fingers right back!!!!!!!!!!

It was all the excuse I needed not to get on with any major work for my assignment yesterday!!!

Oh well another day dawns...........

Must get on with my work.........

Thank you!!!!!!!