Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff With Attitude

hi i am a team leader when talking to my team one off them talks back with not a nice tone to her voice, any help

How does she make you feel when she responds in this way? Have you identified what sorts of situations bring about this response from her? Can you begin to understand what is going on for her when she responds this way? Does she often respond in this way with other members of the team, or is this confined to her dealings with you?

Pehaps when she does it next, you could comment that she seems unhappy about something - is there a problem? If she tells you what the problem is then you can deal with it - and of course it is possible that you have inadvertently upset her in some way or there is unresolved resentment over some earlier event. If she says there is nothing wrong, then you have the opportunity to explain how her response has made you feel, and you can discuss how you would like her to respond in future.

I think it is important to have an open discussion about it because it is possible she's not aware of how she is responding and how it makes you feel. Either way, you have every right to be treated with respect, as does she. The problem with these situations is that once you've asked the question you have to deal with whatever the underlying issues are - but that is far better than letting a problem go undetected and unresolved.

Good luck - hope you get it sorted!

Maz

How does she make you feel when she responds in this way? Have you identified what sorts of situations bring about this response from her? Can you begin to understand what is going on for her when she responds this way? Does she often respond in this way with other members of the team, or is this confined to her dealings with you?

Pehaps when she does it next, you could comment that she seems unhappy about something - is there a problem? If she tells you what the problem is then you can deal with it - and of course it is possible that you have inadvertently upset her in some way or there is unresolved resentment over some earlier event. If she says there is nothing wrong, then you have the opportunity to explain how her response has made you feel, and you can discuss how you would like her to respond in future.

I think it is important to have an open discussion about it because it is possible she's not aware of how she is responding and how it makes you feel. Either way, you have every right to be treated with respect, as does she. The problem with these situations is that once you've asked the question you have to deal with whatever the underlying issues are - but that is far better than letting a problem go undetected and unresolved.

Good luck - hope you get it sorted!

Maz

to wat i said ill av a gud chansr to talk to her she has her performance review

as the others have said you need to get to the bottom of it and quickly before it all gets out of hand and its too late... for one of you. Have a meeting with her if you can and discuss her issues and vise versa se if you can get some common ground - good luck :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)