Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where Can I Buy A Number Line?

Hiya everybody.

I just wondered if anyone can help me.... I would like to purchase a fun number line to help with my whole class teaching and can't seem to locate one anywhere. Has anybody got any ideas? I made a washing line one but would like something smaller at eye level.

Thanks!

Emma :o

Hi Emma Jane, I was just wondering if you meant a number line or a number track?

The latter I have seen with teddies, apples, ladders (vertcial number tacks), trains. Should be available from NEs Arnold, Hope, Yorkshire Purchasing, beam education etc etc.

Ladybug, that's just the sort of shop I spend hours in (as well as money).

I have kept it under 'my favourite sites' so that I can look at it later, when I have some money to spend!

Thanks for that :D

Sue J

I'm so glad that shop is down south, else I'd be in there all the time buying stuff. I've stopped putting my handbag near the computer, so I'm not tempted to buy stuff online on a whim, as I spend far too much on stickers, games, fun things for school etc.

My problem is that the teacher's aladdin's cave of books is on my way home from work. A place called Madeline Lindleys. It's an amazing shop and I regulaly spend £100 in there, and that's with me putting stuff back!

Thanks for Teaching Trends - I think this will be for after Christmas spending!! I agree with Nichola about M. Lindleys it`s great perhaps we could meet there one day, it`s just down the motorway from me. Gwen

Guest Sycamore

Great shop ladybug.

I used to work in the states and these shops were everywhere. I thought it would be a great business opportunity to open them in the UK. Catelogue companies (NES, Hope etc)would hate it as I'm sure they would loose a lot of business! I will make a trip to East Finchley in the next holiday!

Hope you have found good number lines, again I bought mine from the states on a recent trip!

I have recently returned from a holiday in the U.S.A. and as usual spent a lot of time looking for pre-school stuff. It was wonderful so much choice and much cheaper than over here. I bought a pre-cooked gingerbread house all ready to assemble and decorate, gingerbread man pasta, cake cases. I am all ready for to do a gingerbread theme now.

I found pasta shapes for different themes. My bargain buy was a large puppet normally sold here for about £60 for the U.K.equivalent of £25. and they ship to U.K.

I make my own number lines and laminate them.

I don't think self control comes that easily to us early years bods...many has been the time I've been excited beyond belief at the site of a new book or puppet etc... !!

OOOOOh and Reggio wow !!!

I like the number lines etc from TTS (www.tts-group.co.uk) they are cheap, fun and arrive quickly and the Early Learning Centre do number lines and I think have a small version at the end !

best wishes

galleon

I agree with bubblejack ... number lines are so easy to make and laminate (presuming you have access to a laminator) - 10 green bottles, 1 man went to mow, 5 green speckled frogs, 5 currant buns, 10 fat sausages etc. You don't need to be an artist. There's so much else to spent money on - usually our own - do teachers in KS2 buy things with their own money as much as we do !!! that would make an interesting debate xD

Nicola and Gwen .. Madeline Lindley -just too tempting for word ... my bank manager faints at the mere mention of that name. :o

Harricroft

Hi

I tend to make my own using digital camera etc. I have laminated leaves for a number line outside, inside we have a number line which uses the photographs I took of their homes on a walk around the local area (linked to a topic on homes and immensly popular with children and parents). I also have a number line with spring flowers (daffodils etc). I just downloaded the photographs from clipart/ photo sites add a number and laminate. I will probably make a new number line for topic on dinosaurs as they are so easy to do. I have number lines which have been purchased in the past but these are not as popular with the children when they can see their houses in a number line!!!

Lisa

I make my own number lines as well. One that the children really like at the moment is the 'children' number line. I took photos of them on the step in front of Pre-school - enlarged to A4 and laminated them (Photos that is - not children). Children love seeing themselves in photos don't they?

Sue J

Oh dear.

My husband will want to shoot you, now! :oxD

Sue :D

Well, my husband to be already rolls his eyes and laughs, but he doesn't contribute to any money I spend, if he does, then he can whinge or contemplate killing! I have to share this place!

Thanks so much everyone - I'm spoilt for choice!!! My weekend task after shopping for a nice new christmas party outfit will be to track down the best numberline in town from all the options you have supplied! Marvellous.

Emma x :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)