Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music

do you have outside people come in to the setting to do music sessions with the children?

my old nursery had a man - who we called the music man who came in for 30 min every week, played the guitar and did singing - the children loved it...

i am trying to find a man or lady to come into our centre. what would one call them to do a google search?

:o

I can't help I'm afraid, do you mean as a volunteer? The only people we have had in are Spud and Yam and they are fantastic but not something you coudl afford every week. Maybe you have a parent with a hidden talent, have you asked? I have asked a few of our parents if they would like to participate in read me a story, my plan is to make resources with the parents for the children in a variety of languages. I will also ask all the parents to participate, I thought I would ask a few first to see if it would get off the ground.

We had a kodaly music teacher once a week for a term, that was a few years ago mind you. They may still exist - we didn't pay for it, the local Preschool Learning Alliance did.

I employ a friend who teaches piano and violin privately to adults and children. She comes in to the pre-school twice a week to play the piano and lead percussion music sessions with the children in small groups. Asking the parents if they have a good piano rteacher for one of their older children or putting up a notice at your local music shop might be ways of finding someone similar in hyour area. You do need to make sure they can handle our very young age group appropriately.

Deb W

Jeanine - I don't know which area you are in - some of the Sure Start groups in my area have had the Kent Music School coming to them free of charge for a term - boohoo - I wasn't included!

Could try googling 'music school' - probably not much help.

Good luck with this - this is something I would also like to do.

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)