Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Initial Profile

I have just started a new job as Play Leader BUT!!!! I have walked into a MESS!!!! files are rubbish planning is almost a no,no etc, etc and Ofsted are due any time :o . Im working day and night and am just about getting there now but I am in need of an initial profile for our new children. I have looked but can't find anything xD . I want somthing that I can use put together fast!!!. I like to observe the new children for at least the first month can you help me.

Vxx

Firstly, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post. Secondly - don't panic, most of what you need is already here. You can search the forum posts for specific things and also simply ask for help, like you have done.

I have 2 different Initial Profiles, one which is pre EYFS and we used to fill it in with discussions with parent - or just fill it on our own if parents didn't want to spend the time, and we now have a better one (I believe) which parents complete to tell us about the children from their perspective. This is used to inform our initial planning for the child, based on their interests.

I'll upload them both for you to look at. hang on - I'll be back!

Initial_Child_Profile.doc

My_Unique_Child.doc

Edited by Cait

Your 2nd profile is great, very professional

I agree - where did the logo come from Cait? Would you mind if I used it to revamp my own initial profile form (which was probably designed by Noah's wife in an attempt to glean more information about their passengers!) xD

I always smile when I see 'position in family' on a form because I remember one parent wrote "daughter"! :( Just goes to show how important clear language is. Although I have to say I can't think of another way to write 'position in family' so that's what it still says on my registration form! :o

Maz

I agree - where did the logo come from Cait? Would you mind if I used it to revamp my own initial profile form (which was probably designed by Noah's wife in an attempt to glean more information about their passengers!) xD

I always smile when I see 'position in family' on a form because I remember one parent wrote "daughter"! :( Just goes to show how important clear language is. Although I have to say I can't think of another way to write 'position in family' so that's what it still says on my registration form! :o

Maz

I can't remember where it came from actually - had it a while now - could even have been from something totally unconnected that I recoloured - you know how these things are! Brain has gone. I can just remember thinking that it would save a considerable amount of ink!

Thank you very much for your help your 2nd one is great!!!!

Can I ask do you use this information and transfer it onto their baselines I worry that parents are biased and may say their child can do/not do when they can/can't.

In my last setting we had a booklet that we placed obs in for 4 - 6 weeks would this be in place of that????

I know I sound lost but I have been working in Germany for a few years and need to get used to England again!!!!I am getting there. :o

Vxx