Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Illness

i would be interested to know other groups policies on staff working when on antibiotics for say a sore throat or chest infection. What if staff say that the doctor has said theyare not infectious.

as antibiotics work immediately , and as they were probably more infectious before treatment we do not see any reason for staff to be off unless they are not well enough to come in. Most cases of tonsillitis and other similar infections cannot be transmitted to another person , it is the cold or other symptoms before that are infectious, which as it is a virus antibiotics are of no help anyway.

Inge

Hi Suehedley, A warm welcome to the forum. :o I've moved your post from Birth to Three Matters into policies and procedures where you may get more responses. xD

I agree with Inge, if the staff feel well enough to work and the doctor say's it's ok, it should be fine. Also children will build up their own immunities if they have contact with illnesses.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)