Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Why Does It Always Happen To Me?!

Just thought I would share with you why I never want to see another Gingerbread man again as long as I live!

Decided before we read Ginger bread man story I would get all the children in Reception (All 41 of them) to bake Gingerbread men so they knew what I was talking about when we did the story. I went out yesterday and got the ingredeints printed off the fab recipe on here using compare bears to weigh with so they could do it all themselves. Went to school this morning and set it all up and set about making them with small groups. Made the first two batches with no trouble at all and was feeling very proud of myself - cooking is not my favourite activity and I am ashamed to say I usually delegate to one of my TA's as they are far better than me. Decided I had time to do one more small group before stopping for phonics and lunch - was halfway through the measuring and mixing when I passed the bowl to one little girl to whisk the egg etc and she - with out warning was violently sick all over the table, in the bowl of ingredients, over me and the other children in the group! I then spent the rest of the morning disenfecting the floor table equipment myself etc, phonics was cancelled and I spent lunchtime buying more ingredient and making more dough for Gingerbread men for all the poor children that had theirs ruined by sick! And guess what I had brought for lunch today - yep chicken and vegetable soup - needless to say I didnt have any lunch today!!

sorry for you bad day.......but it did make me smile :o

happens to us all at some time, thing is to find the humour in it, but this often comes later, and personally find once posting and reading it back as if a new reader, makes me smile.

hope tomorrow is better

Inge

Did you 'Run Run fast as you can away?!'

Oh very clever, PW! :o

What a dreadful tale, ems - you have my full sympathies. And I can well imagine why the thought of a gingerbread makes your stomach turn! xD

Maz

Brilliant ems! - you've just helped me stick to my diet- was about to go and get some ginger biscuits!

:o

I think you were fantastic to carry on in the afternoon. What commitment!

Glad to have made you all smile - i can laugh about it now but i have to say think we have a bit of a bug going around because two children have been sick today - luckily I was prepared with buckets this time!!