Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Today's Google Picture...

MrsWeasley

I've got a google search bar so never seen that page before. Its nice isnt it :(:(

xD I thought you'd been living in the dark ages! The google page is my home page - I am forever looking things up. :o

Guest Wolfie

Quite often, the Google picture has some relevance to the date - like the ones on St David's and St Patrick's Days. I was wondering why the Hungry Caterpillar today..if it has any connection to anything? Something to do with the beginning of Spring tomorrow maybe?

Edited by Wolfie

Posted by Eric Carle on his blog

Dear Friends,

My wife Bobbie and I are sending our best wishes to all who are celebrating the 40th Anniversary of The Very Hungry Caterpillar today and our heartfelt gratitude for all of the messages from readers from around the world.

We have heard of celebrations taking place in Japan, the Netherlands, Germany, England, Puerto Rico, New York, California, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Singapore and in other cities and countries around the world.

It is a wonderful day!

Eric and Bobbie Carle

Posted by Eric Carle at 7:22 AM

Google have honoured the aniversary by asking Eric Carle to design for the Google logo. He's doing pretty well for 80!!! A nice coincidence that its also the spring equinox as the caterpillar suits the new season

I clicked on the link that was posted here and I aint seeing anything only a google search bar!!

What am I doing wrong?

You missed it then! Not sure what time they count as a new day, but obviously before midnight.

I clicked on the link that was posted here and I aint seeing anything only a google search bar!!

Only the Irish...* xD Don't worry - Shiny was using it as her avatar yesterday! So just search out one of her posts and you'll see it in all its glory!

Maz

*Good job the spud loves me like a sister... :o

Has anybody seen the beautiful pop-up Very Hungry Caterpillar - released to celebrate 40 years - I have just bought it - bit pricey but got an offer of £4.00 off so paid £10.00 - it is lovely can't wait to use it on Monday!!!

Sunnyday