Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Inspection Support Programme

TORO

I went on a course today, where an actual Ofsted inspector gave the training on inspection and what to expect, how to fill in the SEF form, and loads more. We also got loads of information and resources to use. He emphasied on using ECM in planning and observation. He was a lovely man and after a while we just sort of forgot that he was an inspector!

This course is worth going on the cost is £500, but wait don't panic you just fill in a form and you will get it free of charge it is government funded, if anyone is interested call them on 01223 224929 and ask for THE EYFS INSPECTION SUPPORT PROGRAMME, the lady's name is Vicky Shipton lovely lady.

Toro

This sounds really useful TORO thank you, I notice the number gave is a cambridge number, I am also in cambridgehsire so hope that means it is in this area will call tommorrow. thanks again

Brilliant and many thanks for this :o

I have just phoned but Vicky Shipton is not in the office on Fridays.

I spoke to a very helpful lady who explained the funding is under 'Leadership and Management Grant' and there should be no problem with funding if you haven't been on a leadership and management course recently (can't remember the timescale she said!)

The programme is 'travelling around' the country and Vicky Shipton will contact me and let me know more.

Several of their programme presenters are OFSTED inspectors and the managing director of the company is also an inspector!

Yet again where would we be without this fantastic forum?

I am intrigued as to how you got to hear about it Toro xD

Brilliant and many thanks for this :o

I have just phoned but Vicky Shipton is not in the office on Fridays.

I spoke to a very helpful lady who explained the funding is under 'Leadership and Management Grant' and there should be no problem with funding if you haven't been on a leadership and management course recently (can't remember the timescale she said!)

The programme is 'travelling around' the country and Vicky Shipton will contact me and let me know more.

Several of their programme presenters are OFSTED inspectors and the managing director of the company is also an inspector!

Yet again where would we be without this fantastic forum?

I am intrigued as to how you got to hear about it Toro xD

Hello,

A friend told me about the programme, went on it, was very informative and could not wait to inform your guys on the forum because the amount of help and advise i have received is immesurable. At the end of the course the inspector also gave us his email in case we need more help with OFSTED.

With regard to SEF he said pls pls write in bullet points in his words" i am pleading on behalf of my colleagues pls make it short because if it is too long we don't read it we get bored"

Toro

Hello,

A friend told me about the programme, went on it, was very informative and could not wait to inform your guys on the forum because the amount of help and advise i have received is immesurable. At the end of the course the inspector also gave us his email in case we need more help with OFSTED.

With regard to SEF he said pls pls write in bullet points in his words" i am pleading on behalf of my colleagues pls make it short because if it is too long we don't read it we get bored"

And also explain how outings and activities have an impact on children.

Toro

Hello,

Toro

Bullet points - hey that suits me!!!

Sunnyday

Bullet points - yet again I learn something so very useful from this forum. Not only does it make it easier for reading it makes it better for writing for me at any rate! Thank you for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to Vicky today and she has been most bemused to be getting enquiries from all over the country about this course! I explained it was coming highly recommended on this site and she is very pleased. The funding is coming from Train to Gain Leadership and Management training funding - Train to Gain seemingly having got a national contract to deliver/administer the funding for NVQ 2 and 3 as well as this stream of training. I am really looking forward to it.

Toro

This contradicts what our Early Years Advisor has told us, she said not to use bullet points. I've been having a nightmare trying to add everything into my SEF without using BP's. *sigh*

This programme looks interesting though, thanks for taking the time to tell us about it.

I have just spoken to the lovely Vicky and she has asked me to ask you all that if you would like to access the training, can you get together a group of 10 nurseries in your area/or willing to travel to you. This way she can organise her calendar accordingly and accomodate as many settings as possible.

Sam

I have just spoken to the lovely Vicky and she has asked me to ask you all that if you would like to access the training, can you get together a group of 10 nurseries in your area/or willing to travel to you. This way she can organise her calendar accordingly and accomodate as many settings as possible.

Sam

I would like to come to this training if possible... I'm in Impington in Cambridge, but have a car and am happy to travel... where abouts are you?

Danielle

With reference to bullet points, I was told to use them by my advisor.

Just had the big O and was told my SEF was detailed and informative. No adverse comments re bullet points.

Thanks for that info. - bullet points it is then! Phew!!!

Sunnyday

With reference to bullet points, I was told to use them by my advisor.

Just had the big O and was told my SEF was detailed and informative. No adverse comments re bullet points.

Thank you for that Rainewood! :o It will save me some much needed time because I've almost completed the SEF in bullet points, was actually putting off the part where I transform it into some well structured and mind numbingly boring sentences.

I would like to come to this training if possible... I'm in Impington in Cambridge, but have a car and am happy to travel... where abouts are you?

Danielle

Just off histon road!

The training is on french's road. If you pm me i'll send you my email address

Sam

ps I don't suppose you'd be interested in the Write Dance training too would you? I have 4 others interested and the more i have, the cheaper it'll be!

Hi Sam,

I've sent you an email through the forum... I don't know what you mean by 'pm me' but hopefully this'll do the trick... if not, let me know!

Danielle

Danielle

Hi I'm in Histon can you give any more details about the training

Thanks

I went on a course today, where an actual Ofsted inspector gave the training on inspection and what to expect, how to fill in the SEF form, and loads more. We also got loads of information and resources to use. He emphasied on using ECM in planning and observation. He was a lovely man and after a while we just sort of forgot that he was an inspector!

This course is worth going on the cost is £500, but wait don't panic you just fill in a form and you will get it free of charge it is government funded, if anyone is interested call them on 01223 224929 and ask for THE EYFS INSPECTION SUPPORT PROGRAMME, the lady's name is Vicky Shipton lovely lady.

Toro

hi i am from blackpool area is ther any courses ty

hi i am from blackpool area is ther any courses ty

Vicky gave the impression that as long as you get 10 nurseries together to make it worth their while, they will travel to you.

You could get in touch with some in your area & see hwat they think.

Sam

Sam

I live in kent and would love to do this training. is there any other groups in the kent area interested

• 3 weeks later...

I have read this string and am interested in getting a group of leaders/managers together - BUT the phone number is no longer in use - Can anyone help please? :o