Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Computer/ Laptop

I am applying for a capital grant and want to replace our very old laptop. We hardly ever use it now because the children always want to be outside now our outdoor area has been developed :o . I do prefer them to be outside but feel guilty for not using it every day xD . We have lots of other ICT equipment but I want children to be able to download their camera pictures now and print them off. So any ideas. I don't want to spend lots because I have already received lots of money for other things and this is my third bid

Do you know that you would have to spend over a quarter of a million pounds in tesco to collect enough vouchers for a computer!!!

It depends on what kind of software you want to use. My preschool has my old laptop which the children use by themselves with the 2simple software. It's an Acer and has seen better days, but it's still going strong. If you have a browse on amazon you'll find a really good range, and sometimes if you look on pricebuster you can find the same model cheaper elsewhere. Personally I use amazon, comet or currys as we get easyfundraising money from them when we buy online.

I do not know where you live, you you could try your local Freecycle group

http://uk.freecycle.org/

We have got some fabulous resources from our local Freecycle including montiors, printers, speakers etc.

You simply join your local group and get a daily list of goods that are surplus to other members requirements, You can also post a wanted advert. Our local group very often have older computers that people have upgraded from but which are perfectly adequate for children to use. The best bit is that its all free!

I am applying for a capital grant and want to replace our very old laptop.

Have you asked around your 'parents' or members of the 'committee' if anyone owns or works for a computer company?

It's amazing how many contacts you have close by who would be more than willing to either donate or give you a good

discount on a laptop. We also have a lady on our committee who can 'charm the birds from the trees' with local businesses

so make sure you explore all avenues before paying an over the top price (even if it is with funding, we all like a bargain) :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)