Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parental Behaviour Policy

Can anyone please advise me if they have a policy regarding conduct from parents. I am a pre school leader and lately there is an ongoing issue with a parent not communicating with myself and discussing my character with other parents. The parent will communicate through my assistant. Please can anyone advise!!!!!!

Monica

We have a contract which parents sign when they register their child, but it doesn't say anything about this type of behaviour. Would be able to invite this parent in for a meeting with you, and maybe the staff member she's most comfortable with and see if you can iron things out amicably?

• 4 months later...

your question really made me think about this issue and this is the policy i came up with, as actually we do have lots of policies about how practitioners should act within the setting maybe it would be helful to have some guidelins for parents.

Parental conduct policy

As a company we expect appropriate behaviour from our employees at all times and would request the same from parents/ guardians whilst they are on site.

We would like to remind parents/ guardians that there are children within the vicinity and ask that you;

• Use appropriate language at all times

• Behave in a courteous and respectful manner to all practitioners regardless of your personal views.

• Dress in a manner that is appropriate for children to see

• Remain calm even if upset, a senior member of staff will be able to address any concerns that you may have in a separate area away from the children if necessary.

• Do not involve the nursery in family disputes and keep any arguments or discussions out of our setting.

The company has a strict alcohol and other substance policy, children will not be released to any adult who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances. The child’s second contact will be telephoned and asked to collect the child if a practitioner can smell alcohol or other substances upon an adult or if an adult is behaving in an erratic or unexpected manner.

We ask that parents who accompany us on outings do not smoke or drink in the vicinity of the children.

this adresses those little niggles we all have from time to time about parents behaviour.

Can anyone please advise me if they have a policy regarding conduct from parents. I am a pre school leader and lately there is an ongoing issue with a parent not communicating with myself and discussing my character with other parents. The parent will communicate through my assistant. Please can anyone advise!!!!!!

Monica

I had something similar , i spoke direct with the parent and told her if she had issue to speak with me n not to bad mouth me or my staff outside !! she was very shocked by my approach but it worked ... my staff n myself work very hard and theres no way will i let any parent bad mouth any of them !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)