Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Again!

Does anyone know if the SEF will be replacing the operational plan because the more i look at it, the more it looks like my op plan, just without the evidence. I was thinking of placing the completed hard copy ( when I get round to it) in the appropriate sections of my op plan with the relevant evidence (photos, policies, documentation, questionaires etc.) what do you think?

I don't know Cait, i think my head is going to explode. Think i will just make sure the op plan is up to date then slip a copy of SEF in with it. Someone i was on the course with had already done hers and presented it in a folder with parent questionaires and evidence. It looked like another op plan- duplicating work I think. Maybe she didn't have such a comprehensive op plan. I just don't know where to start with it all. :o

Well I would think (and I hope) that you put evidence in your OP plan to back up your SEF. Your SEF, as an online document isn't going to have all those bells and whistles is it? I think this person had probably confused the two. Perhaps she hadn't got an Op plan

maybe you're right. I love our op plan- it took ages to complete when i took over a few years ago and would hate to replace it. I'm sure it'll all be ok once i get cracking and as you say, will have all evidence in the op plan to back up SEF. Actually, perhaps it would be better to start SEF by going back over op plan to remind myself that we are in fact good at what we do. Perhaps i wont feel quite so down about it all then.

It's a good idea. I have totally revamped mine from start to finish with new tabs and a new folder! Made everything fresh in my mind, and like you say, reminded me that what we are doing is great

i too am going to make easter my deadline to summitting the sef online!!!!!!!!!!!! how much input have the staff and committee (for those of you that have one!) had on helping with the sef at your setting? the course i went on recently said all should help, i have revamped our parental questionaire to include some relevant questions for comments from parents, but it will be down to me to collate all info together. i do understand that this is a good way of ofsted having a better picture of what we are all about but i am really struggling to get on with other paperwork because at the back of my mind there is this thing called SEF!!!! it's a good job we do our job for other reasons than money isn't it!! :o