Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Sons Just Been Beaten Up

Rea

Guest MaryEMac

Sorry to hear about your son Rea and pleased that he is not too badly hurt. I know how you must have felt last night because my son was attacked about 6 years ago on new years day in the early hours. he had gone to the other pub in our village to check on a younger friend who had had a bit too much to drink. He started to walk home with a woman we know and her daughter and a friend when they were chased by a group of travellers. Two of them went back to the pub but one of the girls panicked and ran the other way so Andrew went with her and it ended up with him being beaten up in the churchyard. Luckily it was only cuts bruises and chipped teeth but we later found out that this group of travellers usually went out' tooled up' and about 6 months later one of them was imprisoned for stabbing a man with a screwdriver.

Andrew's physical injuries healed quickly but it was a while before he could go to that pub again, or our local cos they started to use that as well. It certainly is scary being a parent isn't it.

Mary

Only just seen this. Rea so sorry, glad he is in a better frame of mind today. Take care and I'll give you a hug next week when we can tear a shred off the perpetrators!

:o

Rea, what a dreadful shock for you all, and such a worry about what might have been, and such a shock for your son who must have been very angry at being in this vulnerable position when he can handle himself on a rugby pitch.

Very, very sad that this could happen when somebody was simply trying to be helpful.

Best wishes

Oh, Rea! I am so sad :( to hear about what happened to your son and upset xD that the police didn't do more. Thankfully :o , your son is better than expected. Hopefully inside as well. Keep an eye on that. I will keep him in my prayers. Lots of hugs for you both.

Guest Wolfie
It could have been so much worse with the knives that are out there,on reflection a knuckle duster is preferable.

But isn't it just awful that we have to accept that any kind of violence is preferable to another kind? :o I hope you're all feeling a lot better this evening.

xxxxx

You're right Wolfie, it is terrible to have to think like that. The thought of how bad it could have been was the one thing that almost bought me to tears. Can you imagine the knock on the door? Doesnt bear thinking about.

I think everythings ok now though. Last night the adrenelin and shock and some beer was talking. But he's a tough lad, both mentally and physically. Part of his annoyance was that he'd been caught unawares, he wished he'd seen what was coming and got the first punch in. But one of friends said its because they havent been bought up to punch people that they found themselves in that situation.

I really think his years playing rugby helped with the physical knocks, he kind of brushed them off and the disciplne they had to have has helped with the acknowledgment that he cant fight the world.

All those years of standing in a wind swept field, with driving rain, in ankle deep mud and chilled to the bone had a purpose it seems xD

Thanks folks. You know you're the best dont you :o

Hi Rea

Just read your post and all the replies and I can only echo everyone elses thoughts and feelings.

Sending you some virtual love and hugs.

Siobhain

What an awful thing to happen Rea and I'm so pleased that the outcome wasn't a worse scenario that you read about so often. Hopefully this is something you and your family will never have to experience again. :o

Just catching up on posts.

It's the pointlessness of such neanderthal (spl) behaviour that makes me so cross :o

Well done to your son Rea, for rising above it all.

A few years ago my son (who has a black belt in Karate) was attacked from behind outside a night club, sustaining concussion.

Like your son , "Part of his annoyance was that he'd been caught unawares, he wished he'd seen what was coming..." Although my son would have tried to talk to calm any situation, but then would have hopefully of had the self defence skills to minimise injury having been more prepared for the attack. But no-one can defend themselves when the 'cowards' which is what they are, attack from behind and for no reason.

Just know though that "What goes around comes around", in the bigger life picture your son has a good future ahead of him, because he is a good man. And the perpetrators will get their come-uppance in one form or another, because they deserve no more.

And I hope (and somewhat know) that if your son does see a bike on the path again, he will do the same thing as last time.

Peggy

And I hope (and somewhat know) that if your son does see a bike on the path again, he will do the same thing as last time.

Peggy

Actually his younger brother was out with friends on Saturday roaming the streets for want of a better word (me not happy :o) Anyway he said during their travels they found a childs trike abandoned so took it to play on in the park. (me not happy at that either xD). Sam couldnt believe it, he said in future he'll leave a bike where he finds it. Dont think he will though, ut he might look over his shoulder.

Just waiting for the police to come round for a statement and he's been to the dentists for a file down on the sharp teeth.