Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Reading Connects

I wondered if any of you have seen this site. It's called Early Reading Connects. I found out about it today-it's free to join and looks really useful in developing children's love of books in partnership with parents.

Linda

Guest Wolfie

Looks really good Linda - thanks for that! I'm embarrassed to say that I've been on the Literacy Trust website a lot over the last couple of days and have completely missed that! :o

Thanks Linda - have signed up as a member and look forward to my pack arriving!

I was a bit taken aback to be asked for two priorities for improving the reading culture in my setting - so here is what I have said:-

(1) to investigate ways of sharing books between home and pre-school, and to involve family members more fully in reading/story telling activities in the group

(2) to improve practitioner's confidence and creativity when reading/story telling with children, especially using props and puppets etc.

Not bad off the top of my head!

Maz

I have to say that we were given this information at a CLLD meeting last month and I joined at the beginning of February, but i still await my pack. xD When I told our EYDW about it she said she had never heard of it and she works alongside the woman how told me about it!! :o

I found out about it in the pamphlet (funny word?!) that came with the World Book Days stuff. I've joined too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)