Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do Something Funny For Money!

Beau

This year, to be part of Red Nose Day 2009, you just need to Do Something Funny for Money! So to support this fine cause our March competition has the theme of Do Something Funny for Money as well. It is very simple! All we want you to do is upload a photograph that you have taken into our shiny new gallery area. The photo can be of

a fundraising event for Comic Relief

you or someone you know doing something funny

a funny image that you have taken (rude vegetables accepted providing they are not too explicit! xD )

any photo with a funny caption

We haven't worked out the finer details of how exactly we're going to judge the competition, a lot will depend upon how many entries we get. :o

Helen has very kindly offered up some prizes. The lucky winner will have the choice of either Problem Solving with Numbertime or Foundations of Literacy DVD Plus with the runner up getting our usual mug, badge or pen. :( So if you want to be in with a chance of winning one of these get snapping with your camera!

To upload your photo just go to the Do Something Funny for Money section of the gallery and click on New Image. At the bottom of the page you should see a section which says 'Upload Photo' where you can browse the files on your computer and choose the image you wish to upload. Type in your Caption, add any text you feel you want to and then click on 'Post Image' at the bottom of the page. Hey presto - your photo should be in the gallery!

Please feel free to post as many photo's as you would like. Please only post photographs that you yourself have taken and get the permission of anybody that might appear in them before uploading. :(

The idea behind the competition is not just to have fun but to raise money for Comic Relief too. Please consider donating something by clicking here. For every pound the charity gets directly from the public a pound goes to helping transform the lives of people living with poverty and social injustice.

post-64-1236027080_thumb.jpg

‘In support of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)’

Ok this is a bit of a cheat but how about this to get people started:

3290565079_4e3d7c276c.jpg

I'll do another closer to the day but I took this a couple of days ago after buying the stuff ready for the big day which I've ended up organising!

Edited by Nichola

:( Well done Mrs Weasley! Yes, of course it counts. :( Perhaps you can link back to the original photo too, as not everyone would realise who these strange people are......... :o

Steve has also made it so that the photo's can be rated. Please take the time to visit and leave comments or a rating. And please let's have some more photo's! xD

Steve has also made it so that the photo's can be rated.

I completely misread this Beau - I had visions of x-rated photos appearing here soon!

I think MrsWeasley's photo is particularly cruel - look at my trousers!

Maz

I completely misread this Beau - I had visions of x-rated photos appearing here soon!

I think MrsWeasley's photo is particularly cruel - look at my trousers!

Maz

:o I would say that MrsWeasley would have the technology to place strategic red noses to save anyone's embarrassment but since her photoshop trial runs out today then maybe not! Perhaps we'd better steer clear of the x-rated ones for this time. xD

And what's wrong with your trousers??

OK I've uploaded one I took this morning with my staff dressed up as book characters...my favourite is Nanny Mcphee on the end...(aka moocher on here)

Now I'm a bit challenged here and no doubt I am missing something obvious :o but how do I rate the photos?

If you have the images up as a 'line' then the rating is underneath. If you have selected a single photo the rating is to the right of the photo. If you click on the bit that says rating you'll get a choice of giving a photo from 1-5 stars. :(

Well done Jo. xD

Have put my photo in the gallery....all staff and children dressed funny for money and raised £60.00 :o Here's a few more photos

post-8412-1236965324_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mrsb

Mine's in there now (although I've set it as my avatar temporarily until I get sick of looking at myself :o )

I've just watched a video about a helpline for children whose parents abuse alcohol. Awe inspiring. Am off to make my donation.

Maz

Sorry but I'm not finding any way of rating that is obvious. I thought it might be me so set my OH to try, but nothing doing for him either. A step by step guide is obviously needed, sorry.

Maz you look wonderful. I love the wig.

Maz you look wonderful. I love the wig.

Thanks! xD

When you see the photos, underneath all the info about who has uploaded it and stuff, can you see a box containing 'Rating' followed by a number and then a down arrow? That's what I see - and then I clicked on the down arrow to select the appropriate number of stars. Then I clicked 'rate' and it updated my rating.

Incidentally, I got to the gallery by clicking on Beau's link to the 'shiny new gallery area' although I'm not sure whether that would make a difference (far too technical for me to contemplate - that wig has killed a few brain cells I'm afraid!). :o

Maz

I've uploaded one. Made me smile anyway

My rating thingy doesn't work either - so it's not just your end!

Shame I couldn't upload the lovely throaty gurgles that went with the pic. Perhaps it's only funny from my point of view - maybe 'you had to be there'

Thanks for that one too Cait - it's lovely!

Just a reminder that this is also to support Comic Relief. I know I was in tears at several points last night watching some of the heartbreaking footage. So even if you don't upload a photo, please think about donating something. :o

Yeah... it's working now Steve thanks!

That's a lovely picture Cait. Isn't it funny how a child's gurgly giggles are so infectious? On a well-being course I went to a couple of weeks ago they had put a soft toy, which giggled like a young child on each table. It worked as we all smiled and giggled every time someone set them going.

I'm about to upload another pic. I took an amazing one of my whole class but I can't post that here so you'll have to make do with me and my 2 TAs!

They've sold them the last few times Beau :o

Just goes to show how observant I am then! Although in my defence I was living in the back of beyond until recently. Unless they did them in Costcutters, then I probably wouldn't have come across them. xD