Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding For Training

How long does it take for your funding for training to be paid??

I sent off our application forms early December and it's only just been paid out!! That's 8 weeks!! Why should it take that long, when, after all, this is money that is rightfully ours. Am I being too critical???

That sounds about the normal amount of time although we have had funding paid in the past BEFORE the training started, or before it had be paid for. All depends on the area and who's dealing with it I suppose.

Thanks sunnyday and moomy.....seems it is the norm then. :o I do think getting this money out to struggling playschools should be higher on their priority list.

In our area it is customary for the LA to pay the training provider directly which makes life a lot easier although we still seem to end up forwarding the demands for money and calling to chase all the time. Could you make arrangements for this to happen to save you having to pay out in the first place?

Hi holly, our LA do pay the majority to the training provider, and we're left to pay a small amount, usually about £10, which is non-refundable.

It's the funding for staff wages and expenses that they take forever and a day to sort out.

Ah well in that case - yes we are in the same boat. The LA has a 30 day turn around on invoices apparently which they then slashed to ten days to support local businesses in the economic crisis. We are still waiting......... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)